Paolo Di Canio Hounded out by the mackems

Tooj

I'll freely confess to shambles and even take shithead on the chin tonight, but that mamp queen is about as edgy as a satsuma.

:lol:

She's a 90's/punk/feminist/Alternative/any other labels?/icon, man!

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people on here claiming to have been into Kenickie in the 90s :lol: they had one song in the charts iirc and even that was shite

I read the NME and still bought 7" singles all through the 90s because I'm a thrawn contrary bastard. Thats how I got into Kenickie. And, as am sure Howman would confirm, I'm possibly the least cool person in Western Europe

Edited by PaddockLad

:lol:

She's a 90's/punk/feminist/Alternative/any other labels?/icon, man!

She's a wall-eyed Brienne of Tarth bonnie lad.

Edited by trophyshy

I read the NME and still bought 7" singles all through the 90s because I'm a thrawn contrary bastard. Thats how I got into Kenickie. And, as am sure Howman would confirm, I'm possibly the least cool person in Western Europe

2nd least.

I'm saying I would bet most people didnt have a clue who they were in the 90s. I was into the punk/alternative scene in the 90s and Kenickie really weren't a 'pretty big name in the scene'

You are the oddest bloke. :lol: They were both well known and shit at the time. No idea why you think anyone would try to claim they got in on the ground floor with Kenickie to look cool.

It's all about what you see and hear I suppose - they were rarely out of NME for a couple of years, for a start. I do think you've been distracted by the "hey, other people on the internet are trying to be cool, I must burst their bubble" thing yet again, though.

Oh aye, all the cool kids listened to Kenickie growing up :lol: POP!

I saw them supporting someone at the riverside way back when. Can't remember who. I do recall they were pretty rubbish but better to look at than most Indy bands

Oh aye, all the cool kids listened to Kenickie growing up :lol: POP!

All right then, so what point are you trying to make? It appears to have fallen flat on its face either way. :lol:

Kenickie were not cool, and pretending to have heard of them was not cool, and even actually having heard of them was not cool either.

And mentioning them 18 years later is not cool.

Uncool as fuck, this entire conversation.