Paolo Di Canio Hounded out by the mackems

Tooj

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont see why he should -still a great memory from their pov.

I never got all the amusement over the lad who had Andy Cole tattooed on his leg when he left - he still scored the goals and was generally great.

Dont see why he should -still a great memory from their pov.

I never got all the amusement over the lad who had Andy Cole tattooed on his leg when he left - he still scored the goals and was generally great.

Pretty stupid to get a tattoo of something as transient as a football manager or player imo. That, and sad.

Pretty stupid to get a tattoo of something as transient as a football manager or player imo. That, and sad.

For something as inconsequential as a derby defeat as well. I mean if Di Canio had masterminded an unlikely win in the League Cup to bring silverware to sunderland for the 1st time in 40 odd years, then I'd see the point in that kind of tattoo. but a 3-0 win? Fucking Hellfire.

Overall I think tattoos are stamps of stupidity - I just think celebrating events or people isn't dependent on permanence -life is transient in general.

I've never been tempted to get my Chelsea 0 - 0 Newcastle tattoo removed from 2008 when JFK led us to that faithful night at Stamford Bridge, and hopefully one day I can meet up with this mackem guy for a few beers and photo opportunities. #

It's worn like a trophy everyday, stretches the length of my spine,

yjoe-kinnear_1119477c.jpg

Think i'll probably get this one on my chest soon so no matter which way i face, people will see the legend in all his glory.

loic-remy-390x285.jpg

Edited by scotty84

Paolo Di Canio sacked as Sunderland manager after massive player rebellion undermined his authority Paolo Di Canio was sacked as Sunderland manager after a massive player rebellion which led to several squad members indicating they would refuse to play for him again.

Telegraph Sport has been given details of Di Canio's dramatic demise, after the Italian completely lost the support of his first team squad after constantly criticising them.

Di Canio has allegedly belittled his players regularly using insulting language, and questioned their professionalism and lifestyles.

That promoted a delegation of senior players to visit chief executive Margaret Byrne and director of football Roberto De Fanti on Sunday.

At a meeting they forcefully relayed their concerns about Di Canio’s management style, accused him of behaving like a dictator and revealed he had lost the dressing room to such an extent that certain individuals were so upset they were going to refuse to play for him again.

At the end of the meeting, the players were reassured their grievances were reasonable and their concerns understood. They were then told Di Canio was going to be removed from power, as he had also lost the support of the board following a run of just two wins from his 12 league games in charge.

The final incendiary catalyst for Di Canio’s sacking came on Saturday night when who was involved in a furious row with his players in the aftermath of their 3-0 defeat at West Bromwich Albion.

Having incensed many supporters with his chin-up gesture after the final whistle at The Hawthorns, Di Canio marched into the away dressing room and launched in to an all-too-regular verbal attack on his players.

The stunned players were subject to an explosion of rage from Di Canio as he began an assault on former club captain Lee Cattermole, blaming him for West Brom’s third goal.

Cattermole, who had come on as a substitute midway through the second half, asked why he was being picked out for blame for the defeat and was quickly backed by team-mates.

What followed has been described by one witness as “all hell breaking loose” as several players went nose to nose with Di Canio and refused to back down when he challenged them.

Significantly, this did not just include players Di Canio had inherited like Cattermole and Carlos Cuellar, but also several he had brought to the club over the summer.

Interestingly, one of the players who felt the most aggrieved about the way he had been treated was Italian international winger Emanuele Giaccherini, who had been hauled off at half-time against WBA. The former Juventus winger was one of Sunderland’s star signings, but felt he had no support or received any sort of encouragement from Di Canio.

The row was brought to a tense conclusion when one player commented: “All you have done since you got here is criticise us and the old manager [Martin O’Neill]. The difference is we liked him and would run through walls for him. Nobody likes you here. Nobody wants you here.”

As well as alienating his players, Telegraph Sport understands Di Canio was also feared by staff members at the training ground after a series of arguments and dressing downs.

He had recently banned any staff member other than coaches talking to the players and ordered everyone out of the canteen when the first team squad were in there at meal time.

I dunno like, some people missed the obvious. :CT:

Not sure of your point. I said he'd shake things up, probably keep them up but hoped he'd be a nightmare.

Right on all counts as usual. ;)

You stick to telling people they "just can't see it" when Debuchy / Santon continue to struggle at defending ;)

I'm a bit gutted the loon has gone tbh.thought he was guaranteed to take the filth down.not so sure now

It really depends who they get in. I can't think of any decent manager available.

Add to that it's a load of new players who don't know each other and a manager who didn't buy them.

Pretty sure Martin O'neil could organise them :lol: