Paolo Di Canio Hounded out by the mackems

Tooj

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

truths and untruths in the minds of makems.

Truths. When makems agree with the info they read/hear

Untruths. When they don't.

Everything positive with reference to SAFC is a truth.

Everything negative isn't.

Every possible signing would be a good signing ( Danny Graham ).

If the player signs for someone else ,he wouldn't have been.

Every manager is the new messiah ( Keane,Bruce,Marty and now the fascist/racist/football hooligan )

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

• 2 weeks later...

Please check the 6.38 pm post from yesterday on this page,then have it checked with an adult in attendance,then edit your post and your apology will be accepted.

Aye, but because you don't quote that post, nor directly reference it, nobody has a bloody clue what you're talking about.

'I've never played under anyone like him and I've played for some of the best managers around. Steve Bruce, Roberto Martinez and Sir Bobby Robson. He thinks he knows everything but he has got a lot to learn.

'He's got a long, long way to go before he gets anywhere near as good as Sir Bobby Robson. He's a young manager trying to stamp his mark on things but he's making some big mistakes.

'He's targeted the easy players, the ones who are leaving anyway, trying to show he's the boss. I was fined for not going to a weights session. Everyone else at the club thought it was ridiculous but he's trying to be tough.

'He comes out in the media and hammers players and he hasn't said a word to them.

'He's never said anything like that to his (Wickham's) face. He's 19 and the manager is battering him in the media.'

'He's a good coach on the training pitch,

'Everything is so detailed. He's one of the best I've played for in that respect but his man management skills need a lot of work.

'I never got any impression he was racist. From what I saw of him, he doesn't care about a player's colour or creed.

'Obviously, we were aware of the fascism thing and the pictures of him doing the salute in Italy, but I've always refused to prejudge anyone and he never gave any indication he held those sorts of views.'

He also calls Steve Bruce "one of the best managers around", mind...

Must have gotten along well with him :D

Wondering how long into next season before Sunderland implode. And who would want to join them in the summer given the stories coming out of the club?

To give him his due, he speaks sense about black coaches in England

Bramble would like to remain in the Premier League and could link up with either West Ham or Hull City this summer, but beyond that, a player who has divided opinion throughout his career, wants to coach when he retires.

Given the rarity of black coaches in the game, Bramble’s ambition should be welcomed, but he does not want to be fast-tracked.

“I hope I can go into coaching, I can teach the kids coming through, not just about playing, but the mistakes to avoid,” he explained. “But I never want to be given a job or make a shortlist because of the colour of my skin, just as I wouldn’t want to not get a job because of it.

“I don’t like all this positive discrimination stuff, it’s gone too far. If I get a job I want it to be because I’m the best candidate.

“Making it on to a shortlist just because you’re black is racist if you think about it because the colour of the candidate is influencing the decision making.

“It’s actually damaging to aspiring black coaches or managers because they will be thinking why did I get this job? The people they work with might be thinking the same.

“There will be more black coaches coming through because there are more black players now. But don’t start trying to manipulate it, tick a politically correct box, by pushing black coaches through if they aren’t good enough to do the job.”

Could Titus Bramble make it as a coach? If he takes the mantra "Learn from your mistakes" to heart, he should have a wealth of lessons to pass on to kids.

He's perfect for it.

Just have to tell the lads to do the exact opposite of what he did.

So they should stop when she says so?

allegedly