Paolo Di Canio Hounded out by the mackems

Tooj

He went on about Suarez being the victim over the racism incident slagged of EVra for crying about it and then claimed Britain went over the top in it's hatred of racism.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15789703

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/nov/17/gus-poyet-luis-suarez-racism

http://www.eyefootball.com/news/11356/Poyet-backs-Suarez-on-racism-charge.html

Well thats what its like where he's from....very ill advised and I dont know what any black player under him at Brighton would have thought but to just stamp him "racist" is a bit simplistic iyam.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thats what its like where he's from....very ill advised and I dont know what any black player under him at Brighton would have thought but to just stamp him "racist" is a bit simplistic iyam.

I see where your coming from but I am just taking the piss cos h's going to the makems. Wouldn't have mentioned it if he'd gone anywhere else tbh.

Had been doing a good job at Brighton, although couldn't quite see them all the way up. Be interesting to see if he can cut it as a PL manager.

A good job with the most money. A bit like Di Canio I suppose.

Different styles of football and management so it'll be interesting to see how he gets on. I doubt we'll win a derby with Poyet in charge - he's always had the measure of us.

They'd have been better off appointing Ball in my opinion.

They aren't good enough for Poyet's style tbh.

A lot of the time successful managerial impacts at Sunderland have been due to direct play and getting a bit of luck. I.e twatting it up and hoofing it into the top corner at 300mph - as O'Neil & most recently Wor Paulo have illustrated this is not sustainable but it does give them a boost - and some points.

Poyet plays a lot slower & prefers to hold onto the ball & carve chances out. I can't see it going well for them as I don't think they are good enough to play possession football and play from the back . Nor do I think the fans are patient enough.

That said he might change his approach due to the situation they are in but I can't see it.

They are due a relegation anyway....

Maybe this is all a misunderstanding?

Maybe Short was really after Pulis when he said he "wanted the guy who's shit on the floor"?

He's got a two year contract.It will be difficult for him to bring in new players in the January transfer window because nobody will want to buy the sheet he has been left with which leaves him next summer to do some serious business.He'll then have another January transfer window then come the summer of 2015,Ellis `FTM Badge' Short will then have to decide to either back him ,knowing his contract is up in early October,extend his contract,or prepare to sack him in October.If he is the new messiah in the eyes of the makem top brass,why give him only a two year contract.What are the black players thinking at the sos because Poyet backed Suarez's actions with Evra.

Edited by essembeeofsunderland