Politics

Christmas Tree

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

That and they’re admitting the country’s burning on their watch

And trying to hoik the blame for it over to the other side of the house. Unbelievable!

• Like 1

This whole thing is designed to get the "working class Tories" back on side. 

As others have said produce the watered down report and ensure the Murdoch press hail that as innocence then a few weeks later drop the Met case and all is forgotten, then its simply a case of Priti sacrificing a few thousands migrants in the channel (which she's more than happy to do for the sheer fun of it) and all the knuckle draggers are fully paid up members of the Tory party again and back banging the "biased media" gong.

This country is an absolute shitshow

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, peasepud said:

This whole thing is designed to get the "working class Tories" back on side. 

As others have said produce the watered down report and ensure the Murdoch press hail that as innocence then a few weeks later drop the Met case and all is forgotten, then its simply a case of Priti sacrificing a few thousands migrants in the channel (which she's more than happy to do for the sheer fun of it) and all the knuckle draggers are fully paid up members of the Tory party again and back banging the "biased media" gong.

This country is an absolute shitshow

Absolutely nailed. And what's more, the fucking smug bastards know they're utterly transparent but are sleeping soundly at night in the belief that fuck all will be done about it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Renton said:

The only reason he left was because he had a spat with Carrie Symonds, which is incredible if you think about it. But ever since its gone to shit for Johnson, she's no replacement for him. 

And btw can you imagine how the fucking MSM (I'm looking at you @Dr Gloom) would be treating Carrie Symonds if she was married to a Labour PM

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

It should be pointed out at this juncture that tack can also be a word used to describe the accoutrements that are used to saddle horses, reigns, bit, stirrups etc 

Hope this helps

Best regards 

Susie Dent's still warm saddle  🐴

I know I was in the cavalry

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Craig said:

And trying to hoik the blame for it over to the other side of the house. Unbelievable!

Yeah, it’s crazy. Saying “it’s your fault for discussing the scandal we created while the country we’re running is a mess” 

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Here we go, covid fraud? Tax fraud ? PPE 'cosy deals'? Nee bother, been on the dole for 4 weeks and don't fancy doing literally anything for any wage? BENEFIT SANCTION! You'll be sanctioned before you get your first payment! Absolute cunts.

It is absolutely outrageous.

I actually claimed (for 6 weeks) when I returned back to the UK, as I had all my stuff on a boat coming back - had to wait weeks for my money to come back too and wanted the Council Tax exemption, I was effectively living off a credit card and I needed cash for minimum payments.

I had no computer or printer or anything, and, irony on irony - was applying for a Full Time leadership job with the DWP in IT . They wanted a paper copy of the CV at interview! 

So, I went to the job centre to be absolutely alarmed that they wouldn't print out my CV (computer says no) - from an email, as staff machines were locked down, or from my USB stick containing a word document. 

They don't provide access to a computer to print a CV anymore! They told me to come back with the file in PDF format on a USB stick - that they could put straight into their printer - it was the "only way". Some poor woman was crying in there , because she had no money, a job interview that she needed to travel by train for - and no right to help with transport costs.

Meanwhile, my "advisor" was telling me that if I didn't get a job in IT (I'm highly qualified, worked in IT for 20 years + , globally) within 12 weeks that I essentially had to take "any job" within a 50 mile radius, or lose the UC.

The fact they don't pay anything for 4 weeks is also a massive thing - so the scenario is that :

People sign onto UC
then in the 4 weeks they are waiting for cash - potentially with NO disposable income, they are supposed to find work - or gamble and take a loan for that 4 weeks money, and pay it back with the payment they are due.

Fuckin mockery, creating an underclass they can blame for everything. 

As smug as this might sound (its not) - I'm in demand and I'd struggle to go from initial offer to signing a contract in 4 weeks. It usually takes around 6-8 weeks from initial interview to actually getting in, due to security checks etc.

Final point on this - the Vivaldi music and the fact that every application is initially knocked back , for me is psychological warfare against the poorest members of our society. 4 bars of vivaldi , for 30 minutes is the only way to access the service when querying your refusal.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Renton said:

At the very least it seems to be an attempt to deliberately delay the report in order to take the heat out of this situation. I suspect a blatant cover up would be difficult as it would involve several people who are not in Johnson's pocket, but might be wrong. I really can't see anyway that Johnson isn't shown to mislead parliament though. Either he is incredibly stupid or he is a liar. But ignorance of the law (you made) is really no defence and claiming to be this stupid is not a good look for a PM. 

But if he stays, as others have said, he will continue to create havoc for the conservative party anyway. As people feel the squeeze its only going to get worse. 

I've an inkling that it is corruption , right through the MET and Cabinet.

If im wrong I want correcting - but if the MET do provide all the bobbies you see outside Number 10 and downing street - then they KNEW and it's self implicating on the MET as a whole.

This is getting buried in plain sight.

Our parliament is taking serious damage here imo. They are showing what "The ministerial code" "The rule of Law" and "transparency in Government" are worth. All absolutely unenforceable if the PM doesn't allow it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Yeah she's a fucking disaster for him. And on reflection you're right about him being the brains. He was clearly behind the movement to garner sympathy for 'Poor Boris' at the start of the pandemic when he (allegedly) caught covid.

Who the fuck does she think she is though? Unelected and clear wields far too much influence.

Take it how you want - but I know that Boris did have Covid . I was telling my wife at the time that it was wrong to wish he got it bad, but boy that was a hard stance to take, with so many people dying and suffering and him making the stupid PM speech in Greenwich on 3rd Feb then pretending he wasn't trying to get us all to be superheroes and just let is wash through us...

Interestingly, everyone who treated him - bar 1 has since left the NHS - one of them very publicly, so I am told

Edited by scoobos
removing tack - mindworm

11 minutes ago, scoobos said:

I actually claimed (for 6 weeks) when I returned back to the UK, as I had all my stuff on a boat coming back - had to wait weeks for my money to come back too and wanted the Council Tax exemption, I was effectively living off a credit card and I needed cash for minimum payments.

I had no computer or printer or anything, and, irony on irony - was applying for a Full Time leadership job with the DWP in IT . They wanted a paper copy of the CV at interview! 

So, I went to the job centre to be absolutely alarmed that they wouldn't print out my CV (computer says no) - from an email, as staff machines were locked down, or from my USB stick containing a word document. 

They don't provide access to a computer to print a CV anymore! They told me to come back with the file in PDF format on a USB stick - that they could put straight into their printer - it was the "only way". Some poor woman was crying in there , because she had no money, a job interview that she needed to travel by train for - and no right to help with transport costs.

Meanwhile, my "advisor" was telling me that if I didn't get a job in IT (I'm highly qualified, worked in IT for 20 years + , globally) within 12 weeks that I essentially had to take "any job" within a 50 mile radius, or lose the UC.

The fact they don't pay anything for 4 weeks is also a massive thing - so the scenario is that :

People sign onto UC
then in the 4 weeks they are waiting for cash - potentially with NO disposable income, they are supposed to find work - or gamble and take a loan for that 4 weeks money, and pay it back with the payment they are due.

As smug as this might sound (its not) - I'm in demand and I'd struggle to go from initial offer to signing a contract in 4 weeks. It usually takes around 6-8 weeks from initial interview to actually getting in, due to security checks etc.

Final point on this - the Vivaldi music and the fact that every application is initially knocked back , for me is psychological warfare against the poorest members of our society. 4 bars of vivaldi , for 30 minutes is the only way to access the service when querying your refusal.

Have you seen "I, Daniel Blake"? If not, get it watched (its set in Newcastle too). 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Renton said:

Yeah, proper Britannia unchained stuff right here, hardly even mentioned by the press. If you're a skilled worker forced to become a toilet room attendant or a crop picker, it just makes getting back into your qualified role harder as well as humiliating you in the process. 

26 minutes ago, scoobos said:

People sign onto UC

It absolutely is psychological class warfare as that's one of their tested tools and too many lap it up. I won't be in demand as much as you but think I'll get sorted no bother provided I'm happy to take a cut but the thing is I'm no longer happy to work all kinds of shifts including weekends for what can be a hard job as I'm approaching 50 especially if the money will be worse so don't want to be forced into taking anything. I'll have money to tide me over via my redundancy package but not everyone is that lucky and to be honest, I want every fucking thing I'm entitled to as I've paid in enough in through the years, (no offshore accounts here!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Yeah, it’s crazy. Saying “it’s your fault for discussing the scandal we created while the country we’re running is a mess” 

It's fucking appalling. And they're getting away with it.

I see one fairly polite email inviting someone to take part in a discussion and one pretty childish response designed to get a cheap snigger in a Twitter echo chamber

I get why people don’t like Darren Grimes but why not just go along and “win” the debate then?

Just now, Asprilla said:

I see one fairly polite email inviting someone to take part in a discussion and one pretty childish response designed to get a cheap snigger in a Twitter echo chamber

I get why people don’t like Darren Grimes but why not just go along and “win” the debate then?

Futurama Writing GIF by HULU

• Like 1
  • Haha 6