Politics

Christmas Tree

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

Sounded like James Nesbitt to me. But then all the paddys sound the same to me, so they do. 

Excellent stuff by Led by Donkeys as usual. Shows we are heading for a police state. 

You’re right. I think it might’ve been Jimmy Cricket

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Whilst Patel is a horrible excuse for a human being the PM and the rest of the cabinet will be fully onboard 

You mean like the ones who voted against Vaccine passports but voted for voter ID Cards.  Them cunts?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

Whilst Patel is a horrible excuse for a human being the PM and the rest of the cabinet will be fully onboard 

So will a lot of the voters

• Like 2

Not sure how Labour went from second to third here… I get it was a tactical by election vote but Labour were second in the GE in 2919 here, maybe LDs had a better, more well known local candidate? Anyway, good news, the worm might be turning, people are putting some thought into their vote…

22 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

If Labour were second two years ago though?.. she lives locally, was born in the Midlands, ex parish Councillor etc...

I think quite early on it became clear disaffected tories were going to switch to the Lib Dems and that was the best way to unseat them was for Labour voters to follow suit. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

This is obviously a bad result for the government, which is good. But it also, in lieu of any formal agreement, perhaps shows that people are taking the notion of a progressive alliance into their own hands. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Alex said:

This is obviously a bad result for the government, which is good. But it also, in lieu of any formal agreement, perhaps shows that people are taking the notion of a progressive alliance into their own hands. 

Aye, but that's one thing in a by election but will it work nationally in a GE? Anyway, its taken a bit longer than I had expected, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the slow death of Johnson. Lie yourself out of this you cunt.

Only question is which cunt will replace him? I'm not sure about Sunak now. As has been pointed out, he's a midget. And he's Asian. And he's a billionaire banker which really isn't good optics during a recession (which is incoming). But more importantly, as current chancellor, he can't easily extricate himself from the mess Johnson has left behind (which seems to be the tories main strategy nowadays).

Gove? Honestly probably unelectable. Patel ditto for many reasons (I fucking hope so anyway). So who does that leave? For me it's Truss. A Thatcher-lite wannabe who is thick as pork shit. If Starmer can't beat that then God help us. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Patel is apparently preparing a leadership bid.

I mean they've got no one decent in a position to step up, that's the positive we should be taking from this.

I doubt, really hope anyway, the tory party would not vote her in. She is literally the worst choice of PM available and even in 2 years I dread to think the damage she could do. She's a different kettle of fish to Johnson, she has a truly evil ideology. Basically an incompetent psychopath. On the plus side I do think that could well be the end of the Conservative party for good. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, NJS said:

Truss is supposedly very popular with tory party members so would be favourite. 

Yeah, I think so, and her behaviour suggests she will throw her witch hat into the ring. From what I know of her she is exceptionally stupid, unprincipled, a poor orator, and can't think on her feet. A good choice.