Politics

Christmas Tree

Liz Truss would be amazing. That Pork Markets speech sums her up. She delivers dopey line after dopey line, each time standing there with a glakey smile. Then after a couple of seconds there’s the polite embarrassed applause when the audience realises that’s it

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The Lib Dem’s PR have pulled another one out of the bag. How do they just keep doing it?

I would have preferred an effigy of Johnson being run over by a JCB personally. 

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Liz Truss would be amazing. That Pork Markets speech sums her up. She delivers dopey line after dopey line, each time standing there with a glakey smile. Then after a couple of seconds there’s the polite embarrassed applause when the audience realises that’s it

Forget about all the comedies I love, this always makes me laugh. :lol: 

The cheese on too.

Yet another chinless wonder from the Tory party. If we're going off the, correct, assumption that a strong chin will appeal to the common man, Sunak's looks like it could withstand a couple of jabs from Speedbag Starmer at the least. Could be a tactic that the Tories look to employ, if you ask me.

Sunak is 5ft 6. He's not about to lead the country when he's shorter than the average height of a 15 yr old boy. That's a fact btw, I looked that stat up. 

Plus the Tories relied heavily on racists to win the last election. Good luck getting them to vote for Sunak. 

How do you grow up on a council estate in Liverpool, as a Daughter of a bus driver, work as a Nurse and still somehow manage to become a Tory? Nadine Dorries is the worst of the lot IMO. She's seen first hand the damage her party does to working class Northern towns. At least most of her colleagues were born into money and know no different 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

How do you grow up on a council estate in Liverpool, as a Daughter of a bus driver, work as a Nurse and still somehow manage to become a Tory? Nadine Dorries is the worst of the lot IMO. She's seen first hand the damage her party does to working class Northern towns. At least most of her colleagues were born into money and know no different 

I don’t think she ever worked as a nurse although she was happy for people to think that until a bit of digging. Not that it changes your point but I wouldn’t want anyone to think she’d ever done anything selfless like that 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I think we all know the answer to this. She "worked hard" and fully believes that the reason she's got to where she is, comes down to there being something special about her. Something that makes her better than the people she came from. Anyone could make a success of themselves no matter their background, if they just work hard enough (but only people with as much grit as she has, will ever manage this). Those that don't, deserve their strife.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

There are Tories just like her up and down the country - “aspirational” working class who blame all their problems on the benefit  scroungers next door or immigrants. 

There is also a breed of Tory voter who genuinely believe the old money elite were born to rule. It’s quite staggering but I’ve seen it first hand. This idea that those born into wealth are better placed to manage tne public finances, despite all the evidence to the contrary

• Like 3