Politics

Christmas Tree

28 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Been thinking about this...think you're right , but the fellah who sent the "bring a bottle" email, if he's deemed to be the organiser he's likely to be in court and get a proper fine rather than basically a parking ticket?..

:lol:

Don't be silly.

49 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

So were reliant on Sue Gray because both the Met and No 10 say they won't announce who it was that broke the law at the end of the investigation. 

Sue Gray isn't doing anything. Johnson has the decision whether to publish or not. What do you think he'll do?

team usa thinking GIF by U.S. Figure Skating

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it's been gif central since the board was rebooted

Meme Reaction GIF

Is it just me that always had the GIF tab? :lol: 

This is why Ant’s capitalism had to be crushed. 

the simpsons art GIF by hoppip

• Haha 7

After a great deal of soul-searching he’s decided the thundercunt that won them the last election will probably cost them the next one if he isn’t removed. 

• Like 2

Yep... 

Well..

After dipping my toe in and feeling ashamed or guilty if I don't keep up with what's going on politically. I'm out.

I'll vote, but I'm not discussing shit anymore - because this whole thing has made something go pop in my head and I don't understand how we aren't in uprising as a nation. I seriously mean it. We've been through a pandemic with a PM who was alleged to have said "let the bodies pile high" and has absolutely took the piss and undermined not just politics, but peoples faith and likelyhood to comply to any future heathcare measures we need.

He's also willing to stoke a fucking war , with the 60,000 troops we have after vicious cuts, just to save his "career" ?

I'd go to London in a fuckin heartbeat if we could get 1 million people to block the fucker from getting in in the  morning. Fuck them all - obvious corruption and our country seems so tribal, we appear to have become a mini USA.

Edited by scoobos
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, scoobos said:

Yep... 

Well..

After dipping my toe in and feeling ashamed or guilty if I don't keep up with what's going on politically. I'm out.

I'll vote, but I'm not discussing shit anymore - because this whole thing has made something go pop in my head and I don't understand how we aren't in uprising as a nation. I seriously mean it. We've been through a pandemic with a PM who was alleged to have said "let the bodies pile high" and has absolutely took the piss and undermined not just politics, but peoples faith and likelyhood to comply to any future heathcare measures we need.

He's also willing to stoke a fucking war , with the 60,000 troops we have after vicious cuts, just to save his "career" ?

I'd go to London in a fuckin heartbeat if we could get 1 million people to block the fucker from getting in in the  morning. Fuck them all - obvious corruption and our country seems so tribal, we appear to have become a mini USA.

Johnson will do whatever Putin tells him too as the Tories wouldn’t exist without Russian money.

What is this nonsense about parliamentary privilege btw. It seems to mean "We can say anything we fucking want with no accountability for it being truthful, and we're protected from accusations of slander because we said it in parliament".

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

What is this nonsense about parliamentary privilege btw. It seems to mean "We can say anything we fucking want with no accountability for it being truthful, and we're protected from accusations of slander because we said it in parliament".

Someone clearly didn't do A-Level politics.

• Haha 1

Indeed I did not :lol: 

I was even leaning Tory back at that stage. Right up until I mentioned it to my dad and was saved by a "no son of mine.." speech.

I was, and frankly still am, clueless.

• Haha 3

Parliamentary privilege is one of those things that generally work well in allowing MPs to speak freely about subjects without fear of prosecution. Of course it's a convention designed with the idea that it would only be used honourably. I doubt the participants in the Glorious Revolution envisaged that one day it would be used to make a baseless claim that the Leader of the Opposition was a paedophile enabler.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

So another thing that modern politics has managed to identify and shit all over. I recall some discourse during Brexit around the idea that much of the UK political setup relies on people acting honourably, and that chancers like Johnson are a real threat because of it.

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

So another thing that modern politics has managed to identify and shit all over. I recall some discourse during Brexit around the idea that much of the UK political setup relies on people acting honourably, and that chancers like Johnson are a real threat because of it.

Just look at the proroguing of Parliament for example. 

• Like 3