Politics

Christmas Tree

5 hours ago, Isegrim said:

There we go. Utter thick as well , sticking to the lie that the ECHR is related to the EU and that Brexit was about to leave its jurisdiction.

The whole thing becomes clear now, Patel saying she’s “surprised” at the intervention….is she fuck, completely designed to remove UK from ECHR rules…..other notable non members?….Russia & Belarus 🤮

I’d say this was another step down facism lane but it’s actually a giant fuckin leap…

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Isegrim said:

This will give them a good excuse to get rid of the European Convention of Human Rights. Russia and Belarus will be happy to get joined by their fascist comrades.

"Asked whether it was time for the UK to withdraw from the ECHR after the government’s difficulty in implementing its Rwanda policy, the prime minister said: “Will it be necessary to change some laws to help us as we go along? It may very well be.”

It’s a good point, Starmer had better have some info on Labour’s immigration policy ready for PMQs later, or he might do his usual thing and ignore it and talk about something completely different …this is how the tories stay in power… 

Yeah. I think the Rwanda scheme will be hugely expensive and largely unsuccessful because of legal challenges but you wonder if that response will be enough. Unfortunately it would seem if you just call out the racists it’ll lose you votes these days 

The only person who will be seething more than Johnson about this is Patel. More and more proof that we're being governed by fascist cunts. 

And MacKenzie proving he's as thick as a whale's cock by not understanding the ECHR is a completely separate entity from the EU. 

I'd argue that this policy is far more damaging to the long-term reputation of the Conservative Party than anything associated with 'Partygate' only, the majority of people who voted for Brexit are racist bigots who will stop at nothing to ensure Johnny Foreigner is removed from our shores. 

Meanwhile our nation, our economy and the idea of humanity burns.

Edited by Craig

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yeah. I think the Rwanda scheme will be hugely expensive and largely unsuccessful because of legal challenges but you wonder if that response will be enough. Unfortunately it would seem if you just call out the racists it’ll lose you votes these days 

Their best bet is to keep hammering home that in a time of a cost of living crisis the government has spent half a million quid on a flight that didn’t take off. It won’t convince the gammons but then again nothing will.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I think as a country we signed up to the ECHR before we joined the EU. 

It was pretty much written by an Englishman. Not that the morons will be able to see past the word European.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Renton said:

Worth mentioning that withdrawing from the ECHR would be a breach of the Good Friday Agreement. Will they do that and become complete pariahs, including with the US? 

nope. we are america's bitch

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

marr on a tear 

it says more about LBC - he's allowed to be opinionated. that's the whole point of talk radio. the hosts say their piece to spark debate. 

He's also now the political editor of the New Statesman. Fair play to him. 

Edit, my favourite line:

He thinks he’s Obi-Wan Kenobi, he’s actually Jabba the Hutt

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

Priti patel responds with "You cannot put a price on lives that are lost".. 

Unless it's a pandemic , in which case it doesn't matter if those lives are old, infirm , or vulnerable - if the value of commercial property is at risk.

• Like 5

The bottom line is they want to pursue the idea of shipping off vulnerable refugees to a nation where their ongoing safety is considered higher risk than if they stayed in the UK. Still, so long as we're paying a fortune doing this to keep the racists appeased.

This is all they've got now like. Instead of governing, they are in a constant state of electoneering with nothing but wedge issues they've invented to campaign on. Currently the rail strike, Rwanda, and NI protocol. I've lost count of the amount of times I've heard people say all politicians are the same or it doesn't matter who is in charge. It clearly does. This malignancy at the heart of government is destroying this country. Let's hope Gemmill is right and Johnson's time is nearly up. 

• Like 1