Politics

Christmas Tree

Best part is someone’s been tasked with finding the biggest sob stories and that’s all they could come up with. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

There was the Head of a school in Hertfordshire whinging on the BBC 600 of students use the train and they will struggle to get in to do their GCSEs. I just thought, instead of whinging, why not be proactive and charter a couple of coaches. Probably only 120 of them or so will be doing the exams, I'm sure their parents can chip in a few quid, what with living in the home counties.

The strike will make fuck all difference in the North East. Most intercity are running a reduced service anyway. And we have fuck all local trains to cancel. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Renton said:

There was the Head of a school in Hertfordshire whinging on the BBC 600 of students use the train and they will struggle to get in to do their GCSEs. I just thought, instead of whinging, why not be proactive and charter a couple of coaches. Probably only 120 of them or so will be doing the exams, I'm sure their parents can chip in a few quid, what with living in the home counties.

The strike will make fuck all difference in the North East. Most intercity are running a reduced service anyway. And we have fuck all local trains to cancel. 

Teachers using a bit of common? That would be new. 

I live near the Grammar school in Leeds. Every day I see cunts in their SUVs driving less than a mile to drop Tarquin off the little lazy air pod wearing cunt. 

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, trooper said:

I could laugh the bastards have said they'll bring in agency workers to run the rail networks if there are anymore strikes beyond this week. 

I would imagine that running a rail network would take a little bit of knowledge and expertise to do effectively and safely. It probably isn't the sort of thing you can get someone to do on their first day.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Renton said:

8 hours ago, Alex said:

Have some fucking disruption you Tory cunts. Just like the good old days, eh? 

The BBC this morning going on about this strike and all the disruption? I thought 'we all work from home now'? So there'll be fuck all disruption unless, as usual, it was the fucking royal 'we'? :lol: 'we' all work from home unless there's industrial action and then it changes to being weely, weely unfair on evewybody. 

girl-lip.gif

• Like 1

Also comments about how the people who can't work from home are affected worst and are likely to be lower paid workers - you mean those you threw under the covid bus by not supporting self-isolation, you tory cunts? 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I would imagine that running a rail network would take a little bit of knowledge and expertise to do effectively and safely. It probably isn't the sort of thing you can get someone to do on their first day.

Most the agencies have said they want no part because:

1) Their workers don't have the skills or knowledge.

2) They have a shortage of workers in their supply pool anyway.

3) They don't want to be scabs.

Another genius plan by this government, purely enabled to feed their culture wars. 

• Like 5

The agency thing is just to provoke the strikers. But I'd imagine they've probably been briefed that the government would trot that out. As we know itsnot a case of "heres the keys you just drive that train over there" There's all the stuff involved just to enable a train to be able to move signalling, maintenance, administration etc. To suggest they could bring in agency workers to run the rail network is stupid & laughable 

• Like 1

I don’t think you are fully considering the impact on the fella who needs to get train from Edinburgh to Preston so he can then collect a hire car and then drive to somewhere in Lancashire to pick up his mother so they can drive down to Wales to go on holiday. I certainly can’t think of a way this problem could be solved since that law that came in and banned rental vehicles in Scotland. Or that couple who can’t go and see Yes even though they have a car and could drive there but have decided not to. You bastards 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don’t think you are fully considering the impact on the fella who needs to get train from Edinburgh to Preston so he can then collect a hire car and then drive to somewhere in Lancashire to pick up his mother so they can drive down to Wales to go on holiday. I certainly can’t think of a way this problem could be solved since that law that came in and banned rental vehicles in Scotland. Or that couple who can’t go and see Yes even though they have a car and could drive there but have decided not to. You bastards 

Your quite right Alex sorry mate. Anyway I've found them a train driver.

boris-driving-crossrail.jpg

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Alex said:

Have some fucking disruption you Tory cunts. Just like the good old days, eh? 

it's absolutely shameless how they trying to blame labour for the strikes when they're the ones in power 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

last time i checked this was Tory Britain

It's fucking unbelievable isn't it. Whoops I've shat the bed.. But in a hypothetical future, it was Dr Gloom who shat the bed.  

• Like 1

The Times has said that “nurses, civil servants, local government staff, barristers, postal workers, BT engineers and traffic wardens” could all take strike action if they are not offered a pay increase, with teachers “set to begin strike proceedings if they do not receive a significantly improved pay offer” by Wednesday this week. 

The nursing union is also likely to “consult its members on what action to take” if they are not offered a pay rise of 5% above inflation this week, while criminal law barristers are set to announce the outcome of a strike ballot this afternoon.