Politics

Christmas Tree

Got a leaflet today for the local elections. Seemingly from a neutral source, maybe the council?

Screenshot_20230502_224226_Photos.thumb.jpg.78b81b32d355f162f3bbef7a1145d1fb.jpg

Hey, this guy on the left literally ticks all the boxes, unlike the others. Better vote for him, even though he's a tory.

Screenshot_20230502_224257_Photos.thumb.jpg.17ab996077bad80a744b7eaee94de029.jpg

Helpful reminder to bring ID, handy in Tynemouth where a sizable proportion of the population are doddery blue rinse pensioners.

Screenshot_20230502_224543_Photos.thumb.jpg.694b6f3769375e66fb0ff373c643fd3b.jpg

Wait, what's this, in tiny writing you can't read without a magnifying glass, and probably not even then if you're a doddery pensioner. Oh right, this leaflet has been printed and paid for by the tory candidate who ticked all the boxes! Of course.

I dare you to knock on my door and canvas me Mr Bartoli. I double dare you mother fucker. 

7Wcqjx.gif.18d8802e11e59e38089d12e6337c66eb.gif

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 5

He's a tory. Just another exercise in trying to make their branding more palatable by distancing themselves from the national party. Lots will fall for us. Not here like, the population is now predominantly younger professionals who despise the cunts and are wise to them.

https://www.indy100.com/politics/local-conservatives-elections-boris-johnson

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

He's a tory. Just another exercise in trying to make their branding more palatable by distancing themselves from the national party. Lots will fall for us. Not here like, the population is now predominantly younger professionals who despise the cunts and are wise to them.

https://www.indy100.com/politics/local-conservatives-elections-boris-johnson

7kcp1m.jpg

• Haha 7

Tories round here are hiding Conservative in small font on the signs and leaflets too. We even got a Lib-Dem-Yellow leaflet that hid Tory in small font at the bottom. They'll still get a fair amount of the vote because of the area (old, fairly well-off), but hopefully the Lib Dems sweep up with the younger crowd.

Brutal down here due to Tory corruption. McKinstry might be a Libdem according to this, I thought he was just a punter but he’s almost single handed exposed the bent fuckers in the Tory group on BCP council to the extent they re regular targets for Private Eye’s Rotten Boroughs :cuppa:

71C60F02-2FAD-4C2C-9B6D-D77152CA45BB.jpeg

• Like 4

Oops, is that illegal? I've definitely done that before. :lol: You don't tell your deliverers to push your leaflets all the way through, you pay the price!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Oops, is that illegal? I've definitely done that before. :lol: You don't tell your deliverers to push your leaflets all the way through, you pay the price!

michael jackson GIF

• Haha 1

Honestly, struggling to get even interested in this. The worse the tories do, the more they will put off the GE and the more the country is fucked.

One thing I did like I think was a green leaflet where they had a simple bar chart showing the proportion of votes each candidate got in the last election, and who you should vote for tactically if you want shot of the tories. Completely within the rules, I hope this is widely adopted in the GE whenever that is and thepincer movement splits the tories in half.