The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

Aye, if we got Toure, Iniesta and Modric to play around him he'd be freaking great!

Settle down. Accept the club for what it is. Colback would be a decent signing.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Settle down. Accept the club for what it is. Colback would be a decent signing.

One of the saving graces of this club, as it is, has been the ability to find decent talent from the continent. I'd much rather sign players like Cabaye, even though I know they'd be sold in a couple of years time, then get the likes of Colback or Noble or Sidwell. As frustrating as our transfer policy is, I'd rather we stick to it then go for what you're suggesting and I hope to God these rumours are just rumours.

I see relegated Cardiff have signed another striker. That's 2 strikers and a midfielder already and we've signed neebody.

Most clubs have signed nobody.

It's a World Cup summer and it's also the time footballers go on holidays.

You can't even officially sign players till next week.

I reckon Llambias' master plan was to have a crop of good academy players coming through the ranks by now. Unfortunately we're still shit at developing talent, so Carr's off looking for magic beans on the cheap every transfer window

I reckon Llambias' master plan was to have a crop of good academy players coming through the ranks by now. Unfortunately we're still shit at developing talent, so Carr's off looking for magic beans on the cheap every transfer window

Giving Pardew talented youngsters to craft into good footballers is like giving me the best Italian marble and expecting me to sculpt a work of art. All I can do is knock lumps out of it until you just have a pile of crap which no longer resembles what it was before. Then I'll take your money and tell you it was somebody else's fault.

One of the saving graces of this club, as it is, has been the ability to find decent talent from the continent. I'd much rather sign players like Cabaye, even though I know they'd be sold in a couple of years time, then get the likes of Colback or Noble or Sidwell. As frustrating as our transfer policy is, I'd rather we stick to it then go for what you're suggesting and I hope to God these rumours are just rumours.

What exactly do you think I'm suggesting?

Erm...signing Colback? What do you think you're suggesting?

I'm suggesting that the Brits that are in the squad are shit. Have a good look at them and their abilities. They aren't even Championship standard. So shouldn't the club try and get a few decent ones in? If the club is relegated, which looks pretty odds on for me, it won't be the foreign legion who'll fight to get the club back into the top league.

Now have a look at who is manager. What has he proven in his career? The bloke admitted hardship when Cabaye left. Results backed his defeatist approach up. Players like Cabaye don't grow on trees. For every Cabaye there are six Marveux's. Especially when that manager and his auxillery staff have no history of developing and nurturing talent.

The club lacks a solid base of homegrown (British) players. Players who'll give 100% in every game that makes up for their lack of technical abilities. Players who will respect the traditions of the club. When that can be corrected, then bring in the technical foreign players to compliment the team. As I've said, the inbalance will see the club relegated. Once the club is relegated, unlike the last time there won't be an immediate bounce back. The players just aren't there to do it.

I think you're over-estimating the heart of British players.

I think they'll respond more positively to Pardew.

And I'll be surprised if Newcastlle Utd have Premiership status in 2015/16 unless Ashley really loosens the purse strings. So have a look at the playing squads that in are the Championship. All aredominated by Brits. Even QPR.

So we should buy British players now in anticipation of when we get relegated next season as they're more likely to help us back up. Jesus, how did it come to this?

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic