The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the England thing, how many of the WC squad were ever transferred for over £10m? I'd say much less than half. The key is in identifying and developing young talent, something we will never do with our current coaching staff.

On the England thing, how many of the WC squad were ever transferred for over £10m? I'd say much less than half. The key is in identifying and developing young talent, something we will never do with our current coaching staff.

We couldn't develop a polaroid.

Remove the players sold, for sale or written off by Pardew and we are left with

GK: Jak Alnwick, Rob Elliot, Tim Krul

DF: Fabricio Coloccini, Mathieu Debuchy, Paul Dummett, Massadio Haidara, Davide Santon, Steven Taylor, Mike Williamson, Ryan Taylor

MF: Sammy Ameobi, Vurnon Anita, Jack Colback, Yoan Gouffran, Moussa Sissoko, Cheick Tiote.

F: Adam Armstrong, Adam Campbell, Ayoze Perez, Papiss Cisse

It's July now, season starts next month, pre-season if it hasn't started already can only be days away. What the fuck are these arseholes doing?

'Preparing' bids. Surely that just means making sure there is toner in the fax machine?

They have a special formula that they apply to the asking price for any player to ensure that it a) won't be accepted as an initial bid and B) leaves them enough scope to increase it to a final offer that the selling club can still refer to as 'derisory'.

It's something like Asking Price x 70% minus the greater of 20% of asking price or £3m.

Where:

Asking Price x 70% = Final (derisory) offer

And

Greater of 20% of asking price or £3m = the we tried but couldn't get him over the line offer increase buffer.

Shaw's just a kid though, so has massive resale value. Debuchy has got ten years on him and at 28 will have little to no resale for whoever buys him.

I know what you mean though, even factoring in the above, that valuation looks light.

To be honest they could sell him for £5 and It would make fuck all difference to the fans when you look at the Carroll and Cabaye money - oh and the TV money. They want to spend as little as possible.

Ashley will be rubbing his hands at the prospect of a French world cup win, "World cup winning right back, now only £12m... Newcastle direct.com UK's number 9"

Shaw's just a kid though, so has massive resale value. Debuchy has got ten years on him and at 28 will have little to no resale for whoever buys him.

I know what you mean though, even factoring in the above, that valuation looks light.

I don't think the likes of Arsenal, PSG or Monaco are at all concerned about a resale value.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic