The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always felt that the club does its transfer business at a snails pace. If ever there was a time to show some urgency its now. I already feel sorry for McClaren.

I've always felt that the club does its transfer business at a snails pace. If ever there was a time to show some urgency its now. I already feel sorry for McClaren.

I don't feel sorry for McClaren he should have done his homework on Ashley & co if he didn't more fool him. This "war chest of wors" i've been reading about it could be as low as £25 million. I thought we had an overspill over £34 million in the bank last season are we saving that for a rainy day. Because if they are it's stotting down now and we need good quality players.

I reckon they just sit in a room and order takeaways watching box sets of Dexter. Or is that me?

:lol: must be the only industry that does multi million pound deals by fax. For "preparing a bid" read hurriedly scribbling out a fax....

You've got an inexperienced, under qualified MD working under tight constraints so it's not really a surprise that we're so often beaten to the punch.

Not the best start for Steve McClaren as he has now already had two rejections to join him as Assistant Manager at St James Park.

Phil Neville was the first to be approached by the newly appointed Newcastle Head Coach but he turned down the opportunity.

This has been followed by news on Thursday that Bolo Zenden has also knocked back the job, preferring to stay as assistant manager for PSV’s reserve team as he waits for a better offer.

It is Newcastle United’s ‘preferred media partner’ The Mirror who have carried the news of Zenden’s knockback.

The newspaper also reporting that the club have told them that there is nothing close on the transfer front either.

With 13 days until pre season begins and only 22 days until the first friendly, we are all waiting to see the new Newcastle United set-up spring into life and put a team in place on and off the pitch, to try and recover from last season’s shambles.

Just reading Patrick Bamford's knocked us back

Now if only we had a coach preferably a local lad maybe's one who'd worked under Sir Bobby and is out of work so could start immediately.

11-American-Psycho-quotes.gif

According to the Sunday papers:

We are stalling on Charlie Austin as the club believes he wants to stay in London, if we wanted him that much we'd be down there convincing him to move north.

The club is eyeing up an £8 million bid for Patrick Bamford and Mcclaren wants him, fuck off.

Club is ready to sell Cisse to make way for Dost and Austin.

The club is interested in Berahino but WBA want £30 million, I nearly spat my cup of tea out reading that.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

No surprise with Austin, like Ings it was never going to happen. Don't fancy Bamford at all on the admittedly, limited times I've seen him. We're a fucking joke with penfold running the show, doing his best to please his benefactor, big Mike.

We are stalling on Charlie Austin as the club believes he wants to stay in London, if we wanted him that much we'd be down there convincing him to move north.

The club is eyeing up an £8 million bid for Patrick Bamford and Mcclaren wants him, fuck off.

The club is interested in Berahino but WBA want £30 million, I nearly spat my cup of tea out reading that.

What papers?

Austin is a Southern guy. With the exception of Burnley he has always played in the South. A new, dynamic manager is now at West Ham. Who knows whether his wife wants to move to Newcastle. What about their kids? It is likely West Ham would pay him more than we would. So who would be your first choice club then?

So we've so far signed precisely no one and are arsing around on transfers as usual. This brave new 'post-austerity' club management philosophy looks an awful lot like the previous one...

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic