The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Santon is a good footballer but a dreadful left back. I know all the arguments and some top coaches gave picked him there but his final full season with us was fuckin appalling. His performance in the first 0-3 v the mackems was one of the worst I've ever seen from one of our lot in a derby. Haidara has his moments but he's natural left back in a way the Santon could never be and was in all likelyhood brought in as Santons replacement which is a rare display of effective recruitment policy from the club i.e. get the replacement in while the player who is likely to move us still at the club.

Nah, he had a sluggish start but after about six months was top class for us.

Total revisionism, same things will happen when Janmaat eventually fucks us off for something better too.

Yeah. Debuchy was quality. He wouldn't have got a move to Arsenal if he were shithouse for us every week. Janmaat is a quality player too. I think they're more or less equivalent to each other.

Aye Debuchy was fucking class man, the amount of times there was total panic in our 18 yard area and he ran across cool as you like chested the ball down and calmly moved the ball on to one of our players is a real miss when we have to watch Mike Williamson panic and hoof the ball straight back to the opposition.

I like both players and it's hard to say who was better, especially as Janmaat has played in a worse side than Debuchy did. I agree that his injury problems at Arsenal have helped many forget how good he was, he did sometimes get caught out of position but it rarely mattered as he was so quick and athletic he was able to get back and stop them, it wasn't like when Simpson got caught out of position and it often ended in trouble for us.

The local newspaper down here in Stuttgart reported last Friday that Newcastle had a bid for Rüdiger accepted, believed to be Stuttgart's asking price of 18m Euro, only for Rüdiger to turn Newcastle down because of the interest of other clubs (Chelsea, Wolfsburg, Atletico Madrid). Rüdiger has now got injured (believed to be out for about four weeks) and the interest of other clubs cooled down...

http://www.stuttgarter-zeitung.de/inhalt.vfb-stuttgart-irritationen-ueber-ruediger.571cb08b-f752-4c51-9a2e-9c294ab31f83.html

Edited by Isegrim

You wouldn't have thought 4 weeks in pre-season would be enough to deter anyone tbh, he'll be fit again by the start of the season even if he does miss training etc. is it not more likely they're just waiting to bid when he recovers?

Debuchy was class but I tihnk Janmaat is better going forward. Happier with him on the whole.

Agreed. Shame we never bothered replacing santon really otherwise we'd only need to worry about the gaping holes at centre back now

Agreed. Shame we never bothered replacing santon really otherwise we'd only need to worry about the gaping holes at centre back now

I wouldn't mind giving Haidara a consistent run at left back (with Dummet to deputise once fit) as long as our gaping holes are sorted.

In what way?

Average player but reliable and composed (on the whole) instead of a thick as whale spunk, rash tackling attention whore.

It is obvious Debuchy didn't do his homework before he signed for Arsenal or he would have known that he would end up at best as 2nd choice.

He was first when fit but has been injured most of the season.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic