The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

11609-zoom.jpg

Remember being there when some of the crowd was chanting "Super Hooper" when he came on for Pav at Filbert Street (Albert PL debut / Robbie Elliot chicken dance / Pedro broken cheek bone). Think he'd been on about 5 mins when he dropped a clanger which lead to a goal being conceded :lol:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember being there when some of the crowd was chanting "Super Hooper" when he came on for Pav at Filbert Street (Albert PL debut / Robbie Elliot chicken dance / Pedro broken cheek bone). Think he'd been on about 5 mins when he dropped a clanger which lead to a goal being conceded :lol:

Confidence must be so much of a 'keepers game and he never looked like he had it. Neither does Sels. Not saying there's not a good 'keeper there, but he's not going to find his feet at St James', best thing for him is either a loan deal somewhere he'll not be under as much pressure, or just to write this move off and go permanently.

Confidence must be so much of a 'keepers game and he never looked like he had it. Neither does Sels. Not saying there's not a good 'keeper there, but he's not going to find his feet at St James', best thing for him is either a loan deal somewhere he'll not be under as much pressure, or just to write this move off and go permanently.

Agreed. Hooper was meant to be fantastic in training (at NUFC and LFC). Obviously just didn't have the temperament required. It's especially important since one clanger can have such a big impact and you can't necessarily redeem yourself by doing having a positive impact afterwards.

Agreed. Hooper was meant to be fantastic in training (at NUFC and LFC). Obviously just didn't have the temperament required. It's especially important since one clanger can have such a big impact and you can't necessarily redeem yourself by doing having a positive impact afterwards.

Think that's why people had such high hopes for Krul, not many 'keepers could have had a better (and busier) debut.

Hooper was class, he saved a Klinsmann penalty.

:lol: Bet that's a tale he uses on the 43yr old grannies who huddle by the night club entrance puffing on a Lambert and Butler

Think that's why people had such high hopes for Krul, not many 'keepers could have had a better (and busier) debut.

:lol: Bet that's a tale he uses on the 43yr old grannies who huddle by the night club entrance puffing on a Lambert and Butler

He's definitely had at least two reach arounds because of it.

If this is being stalled because Ashley is being cautious investing in Premiership players before we are promoted and only wants loans then good on him.  I'd rather not have Townsend than end up with him pushing to leave again in the Summer at our financial loss if we didn't get promoted for some reason. 

If this is being stalled because Ashley is being cautious investing in Premiership players before we are promoted and only wants loans then good on him.  I'd rather not have Townsend than end up with him pushing to leave again in the Summer at our financial loss if we didn't get promoted for some reason. 

I tend to agree, when we bought Townsend we were over a barrel and he used it to get a release clause in there, this time we're in a position of strength where although it would be mint to have him in the side we could definitely get promoted without him. If we get him on a loan with an end of season fee agreed we're in a controlling position, we know he'd rather be here than there as he's rumoured to be pushing for this, so that gives him incentive to play well in order to make us want to make it permanent (not saying he didn't work hard last time but it's always good to have additional incentive), it also locks in a good fee for us if he does perform without much risk if he for some reason flops (or gets a bad injury).

Edited by Howay

£5m release clause. Sounds like a Carr deal. No idea if he's any good.

Can't say I've been impressed anytime I've watched him play, he has played at full back on a few occasions mind so maybe we could pack in playing Paul. The Chronicle seem to think it's a loan deal being offered but he had played 18 times this season for Swansea so I don't see why they'd loan out a bloke playing that regularly.

Edited by Howay

Doesn't look like the kind of player that Rafa would be interested in; he gives the ball away cheaply and doesn't contribute defensively. He plays wide on the right flank and that's Ritchie's home, and it's not like we don't have other options there. Townsend I can just about understand; Rafa's worked with him, he has performed well at the club before, etc. etc.

Modou Barrow? Looks like a Darius Vassell type to me, lightning, raw, bags of potential that will likely not be met. 

And for that reason

bannatyne.gif

Edited by The Fish

lescott has apparently been training with the mackems

Joleon,

Joleon,

Joleon

Joleeeeon!

I'm begging you, please don't lose your man.

Joleon,

Joleon,

Joleon,

Joleeeeon!

Please don't take us down just cos you can.

And they want Robbie Keane and Jagielka apparently

The 3 of them have a combined age of 105

If Keane's legs haven't gone then he might not be the worst signing. I think Moyes knows they're fucked with what they have, like. Ditto Jagielka as they can't rely on their current defenders.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic