The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

I still think we'll buy over the summer. How could we not, given that so many parts of our team are misfiring. Well, the strikers are misfiring at least.

We 8th.

Mike happy.

Mike no spend.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

old fashioned thinking, especially with the top clubs ability to hoard quality.

It's not really an issie of there being quality to be had, more embarrassing and small time because if we were where we should be then said top clubs wouldn't allow us to loan their players. Basically by loaning from them they're dismissing us as rivals, which is of course the reality but it doesnt mean I have to like it

Have to say, I think spending about £15-20m in the summer would have made us contenders for fifth, looking at how the season panned out... obviously not worth it from Ashley's standpoint though.

We should be spending the money we generate, which in turn should be making us more competitive. Which in turn should make top clubs reluctant to loan to us.

No devine rights about it

Which would still leave us behind everyone above us but Everton in terms of spending power.

Also, the word divine is correctly spelt in the post above yours, how do you even do that?

Which would still leave us behind everyone above us but Everton in terms of spending power.

Also, the word divine is correctly spelt in the post above yours, how do you even do that?

I was having a shit and posting on my phone, couldn't see the above post whilst I was posting, what a sad case.

Why would that still leave us behind everyone above us but Everton? You do realise that the more you achieve, the greater your spending power becomes, right?

I was having a shit and posting on my phone, couldn't see the above post whilst I was posting, what a sad case.

Why would that still leave us behind everyone above us but Everton? You do realise that the more you achieve, the greater your spending power becomes, right?

Do you know who is above us?

But you don't understand why, if we matched our spending to our income, we still wouldn't be outspending them?

What? Who mentioned outspending them?

If we spent what we generated then we'd be more likely to be seen as a threat to them, leaving them less likely to lend us players. The fact that we don't and the idea of them being willing to improve our team as we're not seen as a threat is embarrassing for a club of our size, to me it is anyway. What part of that is difficult to comprehend?

What? Who mentioned outspending them?

If we spent what we generated then we'd be more likely to be seen as a threat to them, leaving them less likely to lend us players. The fact that we don't and the idea of them being willing to improve our team as we're not seen as a threat is embarrassing for a club of our size, to me it is anyway. What part of that is difficult to comprehend?

If we spent what we earned that we would have had approximately £9m extra per annum over the last three years. Taking £50kpw wages for an extra player that would mean we'd have around £6m for transfers including agents and signing on fees. Would that really be enough to close the gap between us and the more successful clubs?

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic