The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iirc, last time we were in the championship we didn't sign anyone of note with skill, flair and creativity.  Who left from the Premiership squad? Bassong, Damian Duff, Obafemi Martens?  Pffft...who cares

We were left with Jose Enrique and Jonas Gutierrez on the left side toying with the opposition all season.

We had Simpson and Routledge on the right that other teams could not match their speed.  Ryan Taylor, over the wall.

We had Joey Barton and Kevin Nolan joining from midfield with Andy Carrol, who had a break out season, and Leon Best and Peter Lovenkrands.

A confident Colocinni and Tin Krul.

I look at that team and this team and the first thing that pops out from that team to this, is how strong the left wing was for the Championship, and the midfield.  That was a pretty darn strong team.

You forgot the massive loss of Michael Owen. Barton and Best did very little that season but other than that, aye.

Think Barton was a part of the clique that brought a competitive mentality to that team even though he missed a lot of the season

I'd like Crouch for similar reasons. 

He might not play loads, but he should bring some seniority and focus to the dressing room.

I think Diame will add a lot to our dynamism, but I'd like to see a Jonjo Shelvey Mk II. One who uses the skills that ours has, but isn't always looking for the Hollywood ball, who doesn't go missing in away games and who isn't petulant. 

I think Diame will add a lot to our dynamism, but I'd like to see a Jonjo Shelvey Mk II. One who uses the skills that ours has, but isn't always looking for the Hollywood ball, who doesn't go missing in away games and who isn't petulant.

Not sure Danny Guthrie is the player he was tbh

Think Barton was a part of the clique that brought a competitive mentality to that team even though he missed a lot of the season

I think he likes to tell everybody he was anyway

Yeah, CT always rated Mitrovic of course, so it makes sense that looking at someone who's a similar age, build and with a comparable scoring rate would be right up his street ;)

Yeah, CT always rated Mitrovic of course, so it makes sense that looking at someone who's a similar age, build and with a comparable scoring rate would be right up his street ;)

I was very excited about Mitro until I watched him play. Hopefully he'll do better at this level.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic