The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Times running out to being new players in. We've lost/will lose a lot of quality in the team.

Colo

Cisse

Tiote

Gini

Townsend

Sissoko

Janmaat

Krul

De Jong

Thauvin

Cabella

That's a full starting XI of internationals. I know they didn't always perform but the likes of Hanley, Hayden, Sels and Clarke seem a bit bargain basement atm

Mostly a bunch of useless wasters or treatment table heroes. Tiote's been shite for years, same with Cisse and Colo. De Jong, Thauvin, and Cabella have never been any good. Sissoko is Sissoko, I'd recommend a parade for the day he finally fucks off. Townsend was always going to leave, and has actually been adequately replaced by Ritchie. Krul would be a miss, I admit, same with Janmaat. And I don't know about you, but I was actually not bothered at all when Wijnaldum left. I don't think he would've hacked it in this league, to be quite honest. 

That XI is the same dogshit side that sent us down, minus the non-contributions of a couple of non-contributors like Siem and Thauvin. We could, and likely will lose all of them, and I'll still fancy us to be promoted. 

Mostly a bunch of useless wasters or treatment table heroes. Tiote's been shite for years, same with Cisse and Colo. De Jong, Thauvin, and Cabella have never been any good. Sissoko is Sissoko, I'd recommend a parade for the day he finally fucks off. Townsend was always going to leave, and has actually been adequately replaced by Ritchie. Krul would be a miss, I admit, same with Janmaat. And I don't know about you, but I was actually not bothered at all when Wijnaldum left. I don't think he would've hacked it in this league, to be quite honest. 

That XI is the same dogshit side that sent us down, minus the non-contributions of a couple of non-contributors like Siem and Thauvin. We could, and likely will lose all of them, and I'll still fancy us to be promoted. 

Agreed.  At least the starters who stayed last time we went down genuinely wanted to be here to make things right again and it showed when they dominated the Championship that season.

You get guys that want to be here despite our relegation, like Ritchie.  More of guys like him please.

Times running out to being new players in. We've lost/will lose a lot of quality in the team.

Colo - Been replaced with Hanley

Cisse - Been replaced with Gayle

Tiote - Been replaced with Hayden

Gini - Been replaced with Diame

Townsend - Been replaced with Ritchie

Sissoko - Not yet been replaced

Janmaat - Been replaced with Gamez and Anita is arguably a better defender.

Krul - Been replaced with Selz

De Jong - Don't really need to replace someone who's never been available to begin with.

Thauvin - See above

Cabella - See above

That's a full starting XI of internationals. I know they didn't always perform but the likes of Hanley, Hayden, Sels and Clarke seem a bit bargain basement atm

All those that have gone and needed replacing have been. Whether they have been replaced with players who in their prime are up to the same standard is questionable, but most of those players primes came and went a long time ago (and not here in some cases). We're in the championship now so if you think we can replace £25m players like for like, I think you're kidding yourself.

We still need at least three more players for my money like but I have much more confidence these days that we will get them.

Enrique hasn't been the same player since his knee injury a couple of seasons ago. Plus I'm not convinced by his attitude. Seems like he preferred sitting on his arse last season collecting his money rather than taking a bit less to actually play football elsewhere.

Looking like we've missed out on Galloway now. Shame because I've liked what I've seen of him and Dummett is fucking awful.

What's this now? 

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic