The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

Miles Starforth

Miles Starforth‏ @milesstarforth

Understand DeAndre Yedlin is due on Tyneside today or tomorrow to complete a move to Newcastle. #nufc

Not sure how good he is but the mackem reaction would be worth a few million.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup this. But I still think Anita has a key role to play for us. I never like to knock anyone with versatility and openness to fill gaps where needed.

I also think Gouffran will improve under Rafa, he had some good moments in the last match and just needs the "defensive mentality" that Pardew fucked him up with, removing - so he can be a forward again.

Before anyone starts going mental - I'm not saying I'd like them as first teamers in the premiership, but they are valuable squad players. The likes of sissoko and the others wouldn't put the effort in when asked to play out of position.

Edited by scoobos

Fuck Gouffran man, that ignoramus should have been peddled years ago. 

Yup this. But I still think Anita has a key role to play for us. I never like to knock anyone with versatility and openness to fill gaps where needed.

I also think Gouffran will improve under Rafa, he had some good moments in the last match and just needs the "defensive mentality" that Pardew fucked him up with, removing - so he can be a forward again.

Before anyone starts going mental - I'm not saying I'd like them as first teamers in the premiership, but they are valuable squad players. The likes of sissoko and the others wouldn't put the effort in when asked to play out of position.

I'm not sure about this Janmaat deal, if it's a case of Janmaat desperate to leave and Rafa thinking he won't give 100% then I understand

But if Janmaat was willing to stay then it's disappointing that Benitez couldnt get the best out of him. I think he's underrated by our fans tbh

Yedlin in the stadium as he's going to be watching the game tonight, permanent signing apparently. The fact he's lightening quick is about the only thing I know about him. Assume the mackems think he's shit now.

Aye just had a quick look he's utter shite according to them all now, "Moyes must not fancy him and he would know" despite the fact Moyes liked the look of Donald Love and he looks like an utter disaster.

Edited by Howay

Well let's give him the objective benefit of the doubt and just say that if he got into a PL team last season (even a shit one) then he's probably good enough to contribute at Cship level.

Aye I think he's around a similar level as that Van Aanolt lad and he done a canny job for us in the Championship.

It does make the Gamez thing confusing as I can't see us paying 5m for a back up /third stringer (depending on Janmaat).

Edited by Howay

I'm not sure about this Janmaat deal, if it's a case of Janmaat desperate to leave and Rafa thinking he won't give 100% then I understand

But if Janmaat was willing to stay then it's disappointing that Benitez couldnt get the best out of him. I think he's underrated by our fans tbh

He didn't give 100% last season so Rafa is right to peddle the coward to wherever.Has that other coward been chased yet.

Maybe there's performance related fees involved as well. I dunno though, seems inevitable. Still, decent chance we'll be looking down on him at the end of next season. West Ham I could have understood, but not Watford.

Janmaat is good, too good for this league, but as I said when the window first opened, anyone who was part of last season's non-event can go and I'll not be bothered. 

I've never really warmed to him really.  

Edited by wykikitoon

Yedlin is just a replacement I guess. Reckon most of our transfer activity from here will just be about covering players who are about to leave.

Good luck to Krul I suppose, hope he has a good season. It's hard to group him into the same category as players like Sissoko, he's been here for years and was injured for most of last season anyway - hard to blame him for much of it.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic