The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's about 6' 5" so definitely fills the target man role we need to spur on / replace Mitro when he is injured. Canny enough goal record throughout his career but again I think it's a tough ask getting him to drop from the Bundesliga to the Championship especially when he wouldn't exactly be a guaranteed starter.

Looks like we were seriously pursuing it this time though - a shame if it doesn't come off. I wonder what the derailing factor was in the end. Hard to imagine it's the fact we were in the Champ'ship or we wouldn't have gotten as far through the process as we did. Could just be that someone else has come in for him.

Aye but it sounds as though we were making a concerted effort for this guy - the fact that Sporting have come in is just one of those things, really. Had they not, I'm sure we'd have persisted in tying him up.

Judge deal sounds like it's pretty likely. His stats are good but I don't know much else about him. Surprised we're willing to take a risk on a player who had a double leg break a few months ago and his still two months away from fitness.

Also linked with James McCarthy from Everton. Seems unlikely but he's a player I'd be very happy to see us sign.

Aye I'd taken McCarthy no bother. Hopefully it's going to be a useful few days for transfers. We're definitely carrying on like the Man City of the Champ'ship with some of these names though.

I suppose they can look at everything other than the injury. Tib and fib fracture like which isn't to be sniffed at

Shortlisted for player of the year, got in team of the season and was Brentfords player of the year. Which makes you wonder how he's only got 1 cap in a pretty shit Ireland squad

You can pretty much rule out anything Transfermarkt has to say. I've never seen it remotely accurate on anything.

Edit: It lists Ritchie as £5.1m for example. What is the point of it?

Edited by David Kelly

I always took the view that it displayed what the player's actual value was, rather than what a club might sell him for. I appreciate that the latter is actually the true 'value' but at the same time I think it's worth having an understanding of what a player is actually worth based on other (presumably objective) measures. Sissoko is on at £11m which is probably what he's actually worth in fairness. What we're prepared to sell him for is clearly a lot higher than that though.

I see what you're saying though.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic