The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the mackems have broken their transfer record signing this kid from France.  Is that every team in the division that's done that this summer?

Just 18 months after he signed for €1m.

No idea if he's any good or not. The fact that he's signing for Sunderland on deadline day suggests not.

I saw a few comments from people with knowledge of French football on twitter saying that he's a good prospect but they were surprised at the price.

I can't imagine many people over here have a clue about him.  Similar to our new leftback really.

I see the mackems have broken their transfer record signing this kid from France.  Is that every team in the division that's done that this summer?

there won't be many clubs who haven't broken their own transfer record in 11 years, like us.

there won't be many clubs who haven't broken their own transfer record in 11 years, like us.

I reckon we would have done this summer had we stayed up.  Most of the records that have fallen have been on pretty average players.  Of course our record was higher than most clubs in this country but that just shows how much we've fallen under Ashley.

Edited by David Kelly

I think blaming 2 of the 3 players, who were only signed last year - with manager overhauls a plenty - for our relegation is a bit off the mark.

The whole way the club was run from top to bottom relegated us, not Gini, Mbemba and Townsend.

See Fulham have signed Chris Martin (not that one) on loan from Derby, thought he would have been the striker we signed before we got Murphy, seems funny Derby let him go out on loan always thought he was canny for them.

So we've still got Tiote?  <_<

From .com..

A delayed transfer deadline for various non-European leagues could still see Tiote move on in the coming days, or he could follow Fabricio Coloccini's example and reach agreement with United on the final months of his contract to secure free agent status.

Inbound (12):  Matz Sels, Matt Ritchie, Dwight Gayle, Jesus Gamez, Isaac Hayden, Grant Hanley, Ciaran Clark, Mohamed Diame, DeAndre Yedlin, Daryl Murphy, Achraf Lazaar, Christian Atsu. 

Outbound (19): Sylvain Marveaux, Gabriel Obertan, Steven Taylor, Remy Cabella, Andros Townsend, Fabricio Coloccini, Papiss Cisse, Gini Wijnaldum, Florian Thauvin, Siem De Jong, Kevin Mbabu, Henri Saivet, Daryl Janmaat, Tim Krul, Gael Bigirimana, Adam Armstrong, Jamie Sterry, Emmanuel Riviere, Moussa Sissoko.

Fantastic transfer window.  All the inbounds who have played look very good from first impressions.  Only question marks over the signings of Clark, Hanley and Murphy who are all backup players for a Championship side.

Good riddance to all the outbounds (particularly Sissoko, 30m :lol:) with the exception of Townsend, which was inevitable.

"Serie A side Chievo tried to sign former Southampton and Juventus striker Dani Osvaldo, but he told them he had retired from football to focus on his music career."

:lol:

The same fella who was recently sacked for smoking in the changing rooms :lol:

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic