The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our deadline day, getting shut of Sissoko?  Cant see any more coming in now like.

Benitez is apparently in Switzerland at a conference today so it would seem we're not looking to do any new business.

Might be deals already in the works that we may try for though, mcmanaman or some of the others we've been linked to, Judge?

Yeah, I feel like his reputation has taken a battering for those dreadful Euros performances when he was clearly unfit. Sadly looks like another sick note who'll never fulfil his potential. Much like Rolando Aarons is appearing to be for us.

I don't follow football much anymore, but as recently as a couple of years ago, when a player went for 20m it was usually someone that you'd heard of.

Now there's people going for 30m+ that are complete no-marks. It's gone absolutely mental.

Makems signing Didier N'Dong for £17million, I know fuck all about this player is that a good buy?

According to the guardian they scouted him at a match a couple of weeks ago and he got sent off after half an hour.

They're desperate.

Sterry and Cameron both went out on loan today.

Apparently that dong that the mackems are after is one of the most highly rated young players in France.   Never heard of him but I've stopped paying what little attention I was to French football now.

I don't follow football much anymore, but as recently as a couple of years ago, when a player went for 20m it was usually someone that you'd heard of.

Now there's people going for 30m+ that are complete no-marks. It's gone absolutely mental.

I completely agree, when I started following football back in the earl 2000's £30 million would get you a superstar!

I know theres inflation etc but Arsenal signed Alexis Sanchez for £32 million two years ago and folk like Bolasie are moving to Everton - a mid table PL team for nearly the same amount!!!

It's the new TV deal. Not that I ever expected the money to reduce prices for the average fan, it's just being split between players, agents and clubs. I was reading a decent article the other day (possibly linked to on here) about how the PL is pretty much going it alone in offering big wages to average to poor players and it's causing big problems in shifting them on if they prove to be failures as no club outside of the PL can afford to take on their salaries.

Basically, Leeds under Ridsdale, who were pilloried, have become the blueprint for English top flight clubs (with a few notable exceptions).

Hart has officially gone to Torino, seems an odd move but good on him for being willing to go overseas.

Contrast to Wilshere who has apparently turned down Sporting and Benfica in favour of either Palace or Bournemouth...

Why the fuck would you turn down living in Lisbon, playing for Benfica in the champions league and getting a tan everyday for playing at Palace under Pardew

The majority of footballers are too thick to take advantage of what is easily one of the best jobs in the world. Fair play to Beckham, he got paid a fortune to live in Madrid, Milan, Paris and LA

It's a shame more English players don't play abroad generally but, as alluded to elsewhere, all but the very top clubs can't compete with PL wages

Wilshere has some ability about him so is one of the few English players who could actually go abroad whereas most foreign teams don't bother with British players as their technique is crap and their attitude to learning new languages and culture would be a problem as they're too thick and lazy to think about anything else other than money.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic