The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2016/08/30/27008102/-?

Markovic considering switch from Liverpool to Newcastle

The Serbian is open to dropping down to the Championship for a restart as Rafael Benitez’s side look to go above and beyond in convincing him to join them

Liverpool's Lazar Markovic is considering an approach from Newcastle United as he looks to resurrect his career in England, Goal understands.

The 22-year-old has fielded plenty of enquiries from abroad, most notably from Sporting Lisbon who were prepared to pay £16 million to sign him permanently. 

The Serbian was not interested in returning to Portugal, where he celebrated a treble with Benfica, while Schalke and AC Milan also explored the possibility of recruiting him.

He's certainly the best winger we've been linked to recently.  I think it looks a cert that it will be Atsu and probably Mcmanaman too though.

Aye, I'm not sure of goal.com's reputation but it seems a bit like the Bas Dost link to me. The lad has had a rough time at Liverpool but he's a talented kid and I'd be really shocked if he moved to us, as you say Atsu and that cunt McManaman will probably be the ones in the door.

I thought, snideyness apart, Mcmanaman looked a very handy player. Don't know what happened with his form but I'd wager Rafa would make a difference plus him hopefully being in a more competitive team. Those of a certain age hated David Speedie but he was linked to us before Coventry got him and failing to get him was another nail in our relegation coffin that year. I thought then that he would've done a job and would've taken him. I see certain parallels with mcmanaman. I'm inclined to trust Rafa on this one.

The fact that he seems to have done fuck all for a few years is the only thing that bothers me about signing him.  If we're signing him in addition to Atsu when we already have Ritchie, then I'm not at all concerned by it.  We've been really lacking in wingers for years (when was the last time we had two good wide players?) so if we end the window having Ritchie, Atsu, McManaman and Aarons then I don't see any reason to be upset.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic