John Carver Football Genius

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"But we didn’t give in and we had a go, I cannot fault the lads for their effort again in a hot and warm climate, hot conditions. We kept going and going and going but it wasn’t good enough.”

A lot of our players are used to playing in warmer weather it's not like he picked 11 eskimos to play at the equator.

Can't be the "danger from set pieces" any more, surely? Especially when Colback and Cabella both have set piece delivery of equal (poor) quality?

Maybe it's the "experience" Taylor has?

I can't fathom this Abeid/Raylor scenario. This alone is losing us games.

It's absolutely mental. Also Jonas over Anita. Didn't the latter get man of the match last week? Anita is nothing special but he's better than Jonas and Taylor who are there because of 'experience' and perhaps a little sentiment that we can ill afford.

I'm 100% sure that we'd be safe by now if Abeid was playing ahead of Taylor. Taylor was very average before he had two career threatening injuries, never mind after...

Edited by Monroe Transfer

It's absolutely mental. Also Jonas over Anita. Didn't the latter get man of the match last week? Anita is nothing special but he's better than Jonas and Taylor who are there because of 'experience' and perhaps a little sentiment that we can ill afford.

I'm 100% sure that we'd be safe by now if Abeid was playing ahead of Taylor. Taylor was very average before he had two career threatening injuries, never mind after...

I'd play Jonas wide left as he's been effective there.

Which says a lot about the man when he has been fucked around by the club the way he has and is certain not to be here next season.

Aye. Says a lot about him, as you say, but even more about the other fuckers.

Edited by Alex

I think that tweet is mean to be a joke.

The afternoon shift on Talksport reacted to the news Carver wants to know his future within 2 days of seaons end with all the derision you would expect.