John Carver Football Genius

Anorthernsoul

I'm not sure they've outworked us at all to be honest, they certainly made the ball work but we've spent the last few running around like blue arsed flys without an actual game plan.

Poyet treat like any other game then celebrated the spoils, Pardew built it up to be massive and was tactically naive in pretty much every game. Long ball to O'Shea and Brown, I've seen milk turn faster and we spent 3 games firing the ball off their heads.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel like a Mackem for saying as much but would probably take a win in exchange for no more points this season. Might get half of that bargain anyway

I would too - losing five in a row to a team as utterly shit as Sunderland is absolutely absurd.

I'm not sure they've outworked us at all to be honest, they certainly made the ball work but we've spent the last few running around like blue arsed flys without an actual game plan.

Poyet treat like any other game then celebrated the spoils, Pardew built it up to be massive and was tactically naive in pretty much every game. Long ball to O'Shea and Brown, I've seen milk turn faster and we spent 3 games firing the ball off their heads.

Aye, being honest they've completed outplayed us on a few occasions of late which is even worse when you think about how they've been over the last few seasons

Two wins this year is relegation form mind. Need another win or three or four more draws from 8 games to be safe. Four defeats on the bounce doesn't bode well for the run in. Theres always one club that sinks late on and we have t done anything this season on or off the pitch to suggest we deserve to stay up

We're safe I reckon

I thought so too but our form is so appalling - where is the next win going to come from? Is 35 points going to be enough? I can see us struggling to get 40-42. We might end up on 38, or 39, which may or may not be enough.

Won't need anywhere near that many points to stay up. You can get 150/1 for us to get relegated so get on it you think there's any chance.

Fair dos. If we're odds on to stay up on 35-37 points then we probably will be alright. I can't see us getting much more than that on current form though. If I were a manager of any other club of be champing at the bit to play us right now. Worst club in the division on current form

Burnley are going to struggle to get 35 points. Hull probably are too. I could see 4th bottom and it's not a defence of us in any way but two wins and two draws from the last seven would be great form by Burnley's standards and still not enough. Next season is worrying without a major shake up on and off the pitch though, obviously. Wonder if we've got the ability behind the scenes, let alone the will, to bring in some proper coaches and the players needed. Take that bizarre run this season out of the equation and we'd be fucked now as well

I'd be happy enough if they brought McLaren in. At least we'd try and play some football. He could drag Will Hughes along with him too.

Trying to see a silver lining in yesterday and I can only hope that with Carvers horrific run of form he's done himself out of keeping the job permanently

Aye.

We don't look anything like a team and the results are shocking.

I'm puzzled as to what's happening when we have our 45 minutes of playing well.

I'm puzzled as to what's happening when we have our 45 minutes of playing well.

This - I saw nothing of the Arsenal game, but from what I heard had we transplanted our second half performance then into yesterday's match we'd have given Sunderland far more to worry about.

2 weeks training and preparation, some pride restored (albeit from a game we still lost), a game in which we had a lot more local attachment to both on the pitch/bench (Sammy, Colback, 'adopted Geordie' Krul, Armstrong) and on the staff (Carver, Stone, Woodman); and we put in a performance like that.

I couldn't believe how deep and defensive Carver had us playing. They have a better squad than us at the moment, they were at home, and they had the new manager 'bounce' but they're no Bayern Munich. It's the derby and his tactics were as spineless as the players' performances.

They're absolutely shit and they know they are.

Did Riviere actually do anything other than win one free-kick yesterday? He's the most anonymous player I've ever seen in the shirt. Says a lot when he plays in the same team as Gouffran (who I'll admit I did think was at one point 'useful', but has been diabolocal for a long time now).

I'm not sure really. We took the cheap option and it's starting to look like it.

Sunderland's £80k per week £7m dead cert scored a fucking rocket whilst our bargain basement buys looked utterly shit.

Tell you what I love.

About how for years the opinion of us is how we don't like outsiders, how we don't accept anybody that's not from the area, even though the evidence to the contrary is there. (Hughton, Sir Les, Rob Lee etc.)

Yet now we have this fuckwit in charge and cannot stand him, the idiotic pundits out there are the ones saying Carver is good for us as he knows what the fans want and all of the rest of it.

Couldn't make it up man.

I can't see any manager worth their salt wanting Carver as their number two. But given his five year contract and a dearth of alternative options for him he's not going to be going anywhere soon.