McClaren, Laudrup, Carvs, The tea lady?

Howay

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew a lass who used to do PR for Man City. Said Viera is thick as fuck and not given any responsibility at the club because he can't really do owt. Didn't really inspire me when I heard us linked with him. Though it didn't really surprise me either.

Have Man City not renewed his contract or has he just decided to go it on his own?

I've said for ages someone like Schteve will be the top end of what to expect. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong and we go for someone more left field, in an ambitious way, not a Kinnear way, but he'd be a decent hire compared to most of Ashley's other recent appointments.

Edited by Dr Gloom

I don't think Vieira will get the job. Too rìsky for Charnley who shits himself every time he has to make a decision.

That's the issue for me.

I knew a lass who used to do PR for Man City. Said Viera is thick as fuck and not given any responsibility at the club because he can't really do owt. Didn't really inspire me when I heard us linked with him. Though it didn't really surprise me either.

Who ever said you had to be Brain of Britain to be a coach. Ask Mourinho, Guardiola, Klopp, Wenger if they ever went to University.

Who ever said you had to be Brain of Britain to be a coach. Ask Mourinho, Guardiola, Klopp, Wenger if they ever went to University.

Who ever said a University education made you clever.

EDIT: Hang on, Wenger's got an economics degree. :lol:

Who ever said a University education made you clever.

EDIT: Hang on, Wenger's got an economics degree. :lol:

Aye he does.

Mourinho has a sports science degree as well as being a highly qualified coach.

A crap point, badly made.

I think McClaren is comfortably the most likely appointment now. I'm not totally against him but when you see who the likes of West Ham, Watford, Derby and even the tramps are talking about, he's a pretty underwhelming prospect. He's certainly not going to excite anyone or entice those who have cancelled their tickets to go back.

Just an upgraded version of Pardew, an out of work manager desperate for another crack at a job in the top flight. Less punchable though, so it's an improvement in that regard.

Vieira was never in the running. A convenient link from his agent that was good for him and NUFC as it made it look like we were thinking outside of the box. We aren't. While my stance of "its Carver" has softened, I cant see past it being McClaren. The easy / convenient / uninspired / same mould option.

The only plus is people now know how to spell Vieira.

Oh and four man shortlist? Nah. I think its Carver or McClaren.