Newcastle United V Southampton

Christmas Tree

What I mean is Colback's level is below a better player's level. At his level he gives a 6 out of 10, which is acceptable. A better player gives a 6 out of 10 where he actually influences a game, because he is a better player.

Yeah this is boring.

Colback is bang average and shouldn't be first choice, but he isn't a major problem.

He was easily one of our three best players last season (which is saying fuck all like) and he doesn't deserve being pulled to pieces. He's great in some games, average in others, the last thing in the side I'd have a go at is him playing a deep midfield role. He's a canny player, I tell you something now, there's a player for Liverpool playing his role, he's the most overrated and overpaid player in English football and he hasn't got a great deal more to his game than Colback.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was easily one of our three best players last season (which is saying fuck all like) and he doesn't deserve being pulled to pieces. He's great in some games, average in others, the last thing in the side I'd have a go at is him playing a deep midfield role. He's a canny player, I tell you something now, there's a player for Liverpool playing his role, he's the most overrated and overpaid player in English football and he hasn't got a great deal more to his game than Colback.

I am not pulling him to pieces like. I would say I have never seen him be great in any games. I also said I would keep him as a backup, but he wouldn't start if I was manager and he shouldn't be starting for a team as big as us.

Criticising Colback for being a bit average with Mike Ashley as our owner is a bit pointless tbh. Its a bit like saying we should have Yaya fuckin Toure in there. He's ok. Sometimes I do wonder what people expect...

We have had better midfielders in the team with Mike Ashley as owner...

If me and The Fish do an exam and we both get 60 percent, everyone knows I am cleverer than the Fish and nobody can understand how he got the same score as me. All I can think is that I was probably hungover or really ill or I just wasn't that bothered and he had been studying for the best part of a year and had an absolute blinder.

Is that sort of what we're talking about here?

That's how I read it. It would take a 5-min montage of Fish studying in a furious sweat and scoffing grapice to explain his 6/10. Whereas for you getting a 6/10 I'd be like, 'makes sense, he's got nothing else to do'.

Perfect explanation. Well not perfect. 8/10. For you.

I am not pulling him to pieces like. I would say I have never seen him be great in any games. I also said I would keep him as a backup, but he wouldn't start if I was manager and he shouldn't be starting for a team as big as us.

We have had better midfielders in the team with Mike Ashley as owner...

We have, and we've also had Mike Williamson as first choice centre back since 2010. The squad has had in that time and will always have massive talent free holes in it. 5 years after our promotion the squad should be brimming with talent after careful development over that time by an experienced and thourough recruitment team. Instead we've had Graham Carr to trawl the continent encouraging talented payers to use us as a stepping stone to greater things. Meanwhile average players like Colback know they'll never play for a bigger club and are happy to stick around with the full knowledge that they'll get a regular game due to the very limited ambition at the club, illustrated by this shitty attitude to recruitment. I'd rather criticise this than individual players trying their best.

You can't compare smith to colback man [emoji38]

I'm not comparing their ability, I meant how they will just run around for a full game and wont have done anything of quality but get lapped up for doing so.

I'm not comparing their ability, I meant how they will just run around for a full game and wont have done anything of quality but get lapped up for doing so.

Colback has more quality in the foot fungus on his little toe than smith has in his whole body.

Smith was a holocaust. Anyone that applauded him for his no shows as a defensive midfielder is an idiot. Colback is a different proposition entirely. He has limitations but he knows how to play in centre midfield

Edited by Dr Gloom

We have, and we've also had Mike Williamson as first choice centre back since 2010. The squad has had in that time and will always have massive talent free holes in it. 5 years after our promotion the squad should be brimming with talent after careful development over that time by an experienced and thourough recruitment team. Instead we've had Graham Carr to trawl the continent encouraging talented payers to use us as a stepping stone to greater things. Meanwhile average players like Colback know they'll never play for a bigger club and are happy to stick around with the full knowledge that they'll get a regular game due to the very limited ambition at the club, illustrated by this shitty attitude to recruitment. I'd rather criticise this than individual players trying their best.

Aye Williamson is shite. Nobody said anything else? They are mutually exclusive though, just because Williamson is cack doesn't mean I can't want a better player than Colback in midfield.

Also the fact he tries his best is neither here nor there, I could try my hardest in central midfield but would I get a game? Nah cos I'm shit..

Colback is pretty much your average, run of the mill midfielder. If he wasn't he would be playing for a bigger club. I have no doubt that Colback is one of your dyed in the wool Magpies but so are 50000 other guys who have no chance of getting a game. He is very consistent at making a simple pass but you will rarely see him making a defence splitting pass. He will score the odd goal from time to time. He won't let you down but will never get 'star' man marks.