Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

Dirk Kuyt has retired, Glenn Roeder will be handing in his final scouting report over the summer once he collates his findings.

40 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Dirk Kuyt has retired, Glenn Roeder will be handing in his final scouting report over the summer once he collates his findings.

Weird to think back on that year.. we could have ended up with him if he didnt go to the scouse, didnt we also apparently try and sign Klose that year as well? :lol: Ended up with Martins 

13 hours ago, 247 said:

Weird to think back on that year.. we could have ended up with him if he didnt go to the scouse, didnt we also apparently try and sign Klose that year as well? :lol: Ended up with Martins 

Klose but no cigar

• Like 1

Bans for diving:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39962886

The FA says it will act "where there is clear and overwhelming evidence to suggest a match official has been deceived by an act of simulation, and as a direct result, the offending player's team has been awarded a penalty and/or an opposing player has been dismissed".

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Bans for diving:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39962886

The FA says it will act "where there is clear and overwhelming evidence to suggest a match official has been deceived by an act of simulation, and as a direct result, the offending player's team has been awarded a penalty and/or an opposing player has been dismissed".

Hopefully it works and they can bring it in for yellows, and freekicks that lead to goals as well.

To be fair, Lawrenson falls into the trap of expecting runs to end earlier than they do. I reckon if you asked him to predict the table before the season starts, it would be significantly different to the table that manifests from his fixture by fixture predictions. 

Of course, he'll still give Liverpool more credit than they deserve, but I doubt he would have predicted them to win it unbeaten.

@Ant Before the beginning of next season, is it possible to have a league prediction thread/page? Registered users drag the team's icon/name into league positions, hit submit and have it on their profile page and within a thread on the football board?

24 minutes ago, Ant said:

I wrote an entire prediction app with single sign on etc and it wasn't as used as the threads, most people forgot or didn't bother 

Did you?

I don't even remember it. Where was it? Can you prove it? :lol:

I think the match-by-match prediction threads work because it encourages discussion, I'm just talking about a pre-season drag & drop league predictor.

12 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Any idea what happens to Man Utd's EL spot next season if they win the EL this season? Will it go to Southampton?

Let's hope we don't have to worry about that.

Mark Lawrenson presented our certificates when we left school, he was a proper bellend. Snarky comments to kids collecting certificates at a school leaving do the lot, he stunk of booze, looked like he got dressed in the dark and hadn't slept/shaved in about 3 days.

he also did that thing where he squeezes your hand dead hard when you shake hands. Complete fucking arsehole.

Can't remember which magazine it was (GQ or something like that) but there was a series in there of blokes who looked like middle-aged lesbians. Remember both Fabio Capello and Mark Lawrenson being amongst them.

Edited by Alex

20 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Was he wearing one of those deafening shirts?

Seem to remember it was a silk number (probably a man made material knowing his sartorial elegance) but it was all one colour

• Guest locked this topic