Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Gave up listening to that, that fat mackem just isn't funny.

Don't get caught saying things like that over on the old RTG there  marra 

7 hours ago, David Kelly said:

I'm quite surprised he can manage a firm handshake given how much of a mincer he is.

I'm surprised he wasn't caught up in operation yewtree

21 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Any idea what happens to Man Utd's EL spot next season if they win the EL this season? Will it go to Southampton?

Dont think they've ever done that with the league cup? They used to with the FA cup but stopped it not long after Manu beat us in 99.  Arsenal likely to finish 5th so the league place is probably theirs, manu in 6th so if they win the EL it will likely go to Everton in 7th. 

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Dont think they've ever done that with the league cup? They used to with the FA cup but stopped it not long after Manu beat us in 99.  Arsenal likely to finish 5th so the league place is probably theirs, manu in 6th so if they win the EL it will likely go to Everton in 7th. 

7th is already a euro spot because of the league cup according to the livescore.com table. So if it did go to Southampton it'd mean 8 English teams in Europe

5 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

7th is already a euro spot because of the league cup according to the livescore.com table. So if it did go to Southampton it'd mean 8 English teams in Europe

Europa league I thought was the two cup winners and 5th?  Manu get Europa league if they lose the final because they are league cup winners, not if they finish 6th or lower. Probably. 

16 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Europa league I thought was the two cup winners and 5th?  Manu get Europa league if they lose the final because they are league cup winners, not if they finish 6th or lower. Probably. 

6th get Europa because Chelsea and Arsenal (Fa cup finalists) have already qualified for Europe via the league, making 6th Europa, however 6th already has europa because of league cup, making 7th europa. So if 6th wins Europa League and gets CL I'm wondering if their Europa spot goes to eighth. What a tangled web :lol:

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

6th get Europa because Chelsea and Arsenal (Fa cup finalists) have already qualified for Europe via the league, making 6th Europa, however 6th already has europa because of league cup, making 7th europa. So if 6th wins Europa League and gets CL I'm wondering if their Europa spot goes to eighth. What a tangled web :lol:

Right. Tbf if that's the case Bournemouth and West Brom are only a point behind Southampton so are well in with a chance on 45 pokbys. A decade ago West Ham went down with 43 :jesuswept: 

League Cup finalist losers used to get it until that cup went to shite.  Now it goes to the next League position afair.

So Real Madrid have just spent 45 million euros on a 16 year old brazilian who can't join them for two years.

Games gone.

Oliver Holt on the bairns trying to win the Europa league for Ajax next week.  A 17 year old centre half  quotes Cruyff: " you can't score a goal with a bag of money" :lol: Rooney was still pissing about on his bmx at that age. Not really his fault, but it just shows you the difference in the Dutch system and the nonsense that is the Premier League academy system, especially the one at our new league champions, who ironically supply on loan one of the Ajax players. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4525778/Johan-Cruyff-s-spirit-lives-Ajax.html

56 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

Mental that Cardiff made more cash from 1 season in the PL than Leeds did in 12 :huh:

and (if I've read it right) 5 times what the Football League saw.

Walked away from a £3mil pa job. That meeting with the chairman must have gone well!

The Mackems are all celebrating, wonder how long til they click on nee fucker is gona touch that job with a shitty stick 

• Guest locked this topic