Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

I'm being hugely presumptuous, but I just can't imagine Kevin Phillips being much cop as a manager.

I'm in no way suggesting he will be.  I just think they need a massive lift and I can't think of many ways they can get one.

14 hours ago, David Kelly said:

I'm in no way suggesting he will be.  I just think they need a massive lift and I can't think of many ways they can get one.

It'll take a new owner, realistically. Every new manager comes into a club with no good players* and no money to buy some.

*after the exodus

Edited by The Fish

Haven't watched the video to review but off the top of my head I'd say that goal we scored from kick off when every player had  a touch before Perez finished it off 

Aye, that's on there.  Lovely team goal.

I have to go for the Atsu free-kick, just because I probably enjoyed it more than any other goal this season.  I must have just laughed for about a minute when he put it in so nonchalantly.  

13 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Haven't watched the video to review but off the top of my head I'd say that goal we scored from kick off when every player had  a touch before Perez finished it off 

Is the right answer. 

The start of Monacos deconstruction by europes bigger clubs is underway.

Man City have spent £43 million on Bernardo Silva.

19 hours ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

You wonder if Pep rates Sterling much if he's signed another winger as Sane seemed to be one if the first names on the team sheet the second half of the season.

Depends what he wants to do with David Silva/de bruyne I think.

This guy from Monaco is more of a number 10 than a winger isn't he?

Wonder if pep thinks one or both of the other two would work playing further back.

28 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Depends what he wants to do with David Silva/de bruyne I think.

This guy from Monaco is more of a number 10 than a winger isn't he?

Wonder if pep thinks one or both of the other two would work playing further back.

Yeah you'd have thought first priority would he to get full backs in and a defensive midfielder or two but maybe he sees something we don't with some of the attacking  players at his disposal.

18 minutes ago, Ant said:

Silva will be 32 in 6months, he's going feature less tbh, if he drops de bruyne back he's a dick, he's arguably their best player in that role, and again arguably the best in the side.

Sterling is going be down the pecking order but it'll still be hard to fit Bernardo silva in with a front 3 of sane/aguero/jesus with debryune and probably 2 dm's in behind him like  Gundoghan(sp)  and prob a new signing to takeover from yaya/fernandihio

they've some squad but there's gotta be some fallout, Innehancho looked class and  because of G.Jesus arrival has no chance of getting much game time, likewise Nolito did really well but now is 30+ won't get a look in vs the young bloods

i'd happily see us try and get Innehancho in tbh

I'd love us to go for Iheanacho.

Agree on De Bruyne as well, he's a class act.

Actually, agree with pretty much all of that.

They've some real work to do on the defence and base of midfield this summer mind you, they've no fullbacks at all now, possibly just Kolarov.

I'm happy that Wenger won the FA cup with Arsenal again. It should be a nice two fingers up to the Arsenal fans who slaughtered him.

I hope he leaves and they go on the slide down the league or win nothing for years.

It's a bit harsh for the genuine fans that didn't slaughter him but sometimes people just don't appreciate what they have until it's not there any more.

3 FA Cups in 4 years is a remarkable achievement, Wenger has now won SEVEN. Which in one more than Newcastle United. 

A lot of the fans are dickheads like but I'm happy for wenger. 

• Guest locked this topic