Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

https://mobile.twitter.com/gallowgateflags

Am I just being a miserable old bastard in saying that I don't think this is, traditionally speaking, appropriate for our club?.... I don't think it's appropriate for English football supporters in general tbh. We're not flag wavers, until someone sells a gazillion of them outside an FA final or something....it's just not us iyam. The only club I can think of that have any tradition of a few flags in the crowd are Liverpool. To me it's more a continental thing, specifically Italian, you always see a fair few flags in the Curva Nord etc being waved around by the ultras. It's not really in our supporting culture and trying to suddenly introduce it smacks of just starting a gimmick or fad, bit like man city and inflatable bananas.

Maybe I'm wrong and it will be a marvellous spectacle, people will do it at appropriate times and they will definitely NOT, in any way shape or form, wave a flag and prevent those sitting behind them from seeing what's happening on the pitch...Just a thought but I remember when Ashley closed the L7 singing section and a large number of folk moved from there to join us in the south east corner, where some persisted in standing throughout the first game v Arsenal, and a fair few others pre Christmas that season. The ill feeling and indeed physical confrontations that caused were, to say the absolute least, regrettable. I wouldn't want to see some over exuberant youngster being threatened with having his flag shoved up his arse by some of our more volatile comrades. We'll see how it goes I suppose but it's not really for me.

I chipped in to help pay for these flags and am in the corner so am obviously hoping it looks good, (but again, really just want some atmosphere which the flags may or may not help with). I think they're more for the pre-game showing or maybe at the end? I obviously won't be flying one myself as I'm one of those that gets in with a few minutes to go rather than the 30 mins the lads organising this want. Anyway, hope it looks good. :good:

I chipped in to help pay for these flags and am in the corner so am obviously hoping it looks good, (but again, really just want some atmosphere which the flags may or may not help with). I think they're more for the pre-game showing or maybe at the end? I obviously won't be flying one myself as I'm one of those that gets in with a few minutes to go rather than the 30 mins the lads organising this want. Anyway, hope it looks good. :good:

Aye, same here. In the Gallowgate this season and I'm too busy quickly necking off pints in The Strawberry to wave a flag about but as long as I don't get my eye put out and it looks canny, I'm all for it.

Just been told Taylor scored an own goal for PT, they were 3 down and subbed him off and won 4-3

When did this supposedly happen? Nothing in their list of results.

Could always go back to the football rattle! That going off in your lug would really make you miserable.

All seaters have definitely made it more sedate so I have no problem with a few flags, mainly for the bairns I would hope.

I'm sure I went through a phase in the 70's where it was cool to have your scarf tied round your wrist :lol:

Trudging through the 70s

Just browsed through the match thread on Villa Talk. Fucking hilarious stuff :lol: They full on think they're going to be relegated again.

:lol: half the pundits on SSN thought they might too.

I've never had a football dream for years, but I dreamt last night that we had lost to Cheltenham in the cup, sat second bottom in the league and the crowd were turning. 

Woke up thinking hopelessness under McClaren would have been more bearable than dashed hopes with Benitez.

I've cheered up now, but we best put a run of wins together sooner rather than later.

They need to spend a lot of money and quickly, but Dr Xia is a full-speed lunatic, so I'd not be surprised if they struggled this year. 

Can't see them dropping. They're shit, no doubt, but they've enough money to buy their way out of trouble in January. Plus they've got McCormack who's worth points on his own.

It's in the twitter thread already but aye it's fucking ridiculous. Just noticed that it's the safety office who it's come from. Does slagging the club off on twitter/forums make something unsafe?

Ah missed that. has charlton had any particularly venemous controversial happenings over the past season? 

• Guest locked this topic