Newcastle V Stoke/ 31st October / 3pm / SJP

Happy Face

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fully agree. If it wasn't for Butland, we would have won comfortably.

The table tells that story because of the start that we've had. We played 6 of last season's top 8 in our first 8 games. For a club/team like ours going under the rebuilding that it is, that is a ridiculously hard start. Not to mention we've had 3 red cards this season, 2 of which have been debatable.

Obviously we just need the finishing to improve, and to blame McClaren for that, like a few fans I've seen are, is ludicrous. If we can get the first goal in games such as this one tonight, we can go on to score 2, 3, even 4 as we are good on the break, as seen against Norwich.

Edited by Haydnator

I admire the optimism but how many more games can we afford to lose 2 or even 3 points ?

We can't at any point of the season, no matter where we are in the league. But that doesn't mean that we're the only team in the Premier League that will lose points.

We could have done with spending the Thauvin £13mil on a creative CM. Or play Gini in there are find a decent winger. We will comfortably stay up this season

It's not going to be comfortable at this rate. good performances mean fuck all if they can't be translated into three points

It's not going to be comfortable at this rate. good performances mean fuck all if they can't be translated into three points

Law of averages mate. Points will come if we keep performing like we are. If we get the first goal vs Bournemouth next week we can just hit them on the break after; something which we are actually quite good at. If that happens we can score 2, 3 or even 4.

It didn't look empty where I was sitting in the ground; I sit in the East Stand about two blocks away from the Strawberry Corner, and everywhere I could see was full. Was it the part of the East Stand going into the Leazes End the area that was empty? That area isn't usually filled for games against the likes of Stoke & Norwich.

Worrying. As it stands we're in the shit. Need some nous/experience desperately. We play some neat stuff but are lacking big time. It's worrying when we're on top so often but look so vulnerable. This is NUFC though, and it's fucking shite.

Let's face it, the last 3 games have seen a good performance from us albeit we only got 4 points from a possible 9.

I think each performance has shown an improvement despite the fact the one we lost can be attributed to a referee's error.

I think we were decent against Norwich, better against Blunderland, and better again against Stoke.

The problem was the absence of goals in 2 of the 3 games, games in which we had the chances to score but didn't.

We should have scored at least one against Stoke but unfortunately their goalie played like Gordon Banks.

If we keep playing as well and the goals start to come I think we'll be alright.

With Gini, Perez, Metrovic, Sissoko, and perhaps deJong, I think the goals will start coming if McClaren doesn't mess with the potential strike force.

It has been a long time since we've been able to control a game for 90 minutes like that, we just need to start crafting better clear cut chances from our dominance. Saying all that we did actually do enough to win it's just Butland is one of the best keepers around at the moment, I just hope it starts all clicking soon and we can get some proper points on the board or it will get worrying.

It didn't look empty where I was sitting in the ground; I sit in the East Stand about two blocks away from the Strawberry Corner, and everywhere I could see was full. Was it the part of the East Stand going into the Leazes End the area that was empty? That area isn't usually filled for games against the likes of Stoke & Norwich.

47,139 was the attendance.

Aye that was far from filled even sneaking along to the East Stand itself. Where I was at the back of the Leazes it was pretty empty too.

Anyway, nee complaints from me, for some reason every time we play Stoke its an absolute shit game, this time I thought it was alright, we were the better side by far and were unfortunate not to win the game. Their keeper was agile as fuck and he got them a point. I think Joe Hart is the most overrated keeper there's ever been in history and this kid can genuine get his England place eventually.

Thought it was a shite game. I managed to get a corporate seat so didn't bother going out for the second half and just got pissed in the free bar instead. We were the better team but Butland didn't have to make any outstanding saves just reasonably good ones. I think the first goal is a massive thing for us now and if we get it on Saturday I think we'll win. If not, I can't see us coming back.

Thought it was a shite game. I managed to get a corporate seat so didn't bother going out for the second half and just got pissed in the free bar instead. We were the better team but Butland didn't have to make any outstanding saves just reasonably good ones. I think the first goal is a massive thing for us now and if we get it on Saturday I think we'll win. If not, I can't see us coming back.

Seeing a lot of this and think it's pretty harsh. Butlands' saves are (rightly imo) getting lots of praise from the magedia, the two 'keepers they had on Goals on Sunday spoke of them in glowing terms. 'Keeping isn't just about finger tip saves from thunderbolts, it's also incredibly important to take up the right positions. The reason a lot of the shots were in his range, is because he maneuvered himself into the right position.