Vladimir Putin and Russia

Anorthernsoul

12 hours ago, Andrew said:

Hi Everyone,

This is obviously huge news and a terrible thing is happening but I want to take a second to remind you that Russia in particular are extremely good at getting misinformation out in to the world which then spreads.

As such I want to urge you to ensure that anything you are sharing is from proper sources and inform you that anything shared from bad faith actors or any posts made on this subject in bad faith will be removed.

We're a small community of people who mostly know each other well, we're nothing compared to the absolute mess that is Twitter right now but that doesn't mean we shirk our responsibility to not spread propaganda or misinformation.

So, please do be careful about what you're reading and what you are sharing, here and everywhere else online.

Cheers!

Great advice, most of the stuff on twitter yesterday has been outed as fake or old videos made to be new. 

In other news - nice one Kuwait for sticking your neck out , they know what its like.

12 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Is there any way of hiding a thread so I can't see the fucker? This shit is terrifying and I'd rather just pretend it wasn't happening. :lol:

A man is defined by his response to threat, which is why I'm Kazotsky kicking round my £95,000 mansion  singing "Ra Ra Radge Pooteen".

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Balls of steel

image.thumb.png.fc4188d946fd43e91f7cd2e932acf469.png

Heard a journo on the radio earlier describing that . Said they were the first martyrs of the war. 

Scotland are due to play Ukraine in the World Cup play offs at Hampden on the 27th March.  If there are enough players out of the country I think it'll go ahead. Just as a massive "FUCK YOU" to Putin . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I meant you you fucking div! :lol:

Eh? How's that make sense? :lol:

TBH since covid and WFH I probably only fill up about once a fortnight these days. Plenty still left in my tank :tongue:

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

"Surprised France hasn’t surrendered yet.......

......The Italians as well, eh? Hearing they're changing their flag to a white cross with a white background? A white cross and a white background, geddit? Eh? Eh?"

maxresdefault (1).jpg

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Just listening to this. At 1.45, when he says Putin is accusing them of being nazis, I'm sure he says "utter bullshit". 

Unfortunately for the Ukraine, very soon, he will not be making anymore of these

I'm beginning to think @Rayvin and @Dr Gloom may be right here, we should be offering more militarily, especially in the air. I'm sure a few F22s, F35s or typhoons could reek havoc on these soviet helicopters. I've played enough Advance Wars on my DS to know that. But I'm not sure what  we can do without US help here mind. I certainly think we have let the Ukraine down, and whilst I understand the reason, I can't stop feeling our nations should be ashamed. 

Edit: for @Meenzer's benefit. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

I've had a few memes like this. Given what the French lost in both world wars, its really not true or funny. 

Plus in the Second World War it wasn’t so much cowardice that caused the french surrender more they were led by WW1 and sometimes pre-WW1 generals & were a thoroughly old fashioned, slow army. 

Bizarrely apropos equipment, vehicles & manpower they had the biggest army at the start of WW2. 

However the Germans had blitzkreig & radio so the french were absolutely obliterated. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ken said:

Ukrainian govt now telling their citizens to make Molotov cocktails and fight. Is this 1945 or 2022?

In that situation, and I’m sure you agree, I wouldn’t be wasting my drink.

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm beginning to think @Rayvin and @Dr Gloom may be right here, we should be offering more militarily, especially in the air. I'm sure a few F22s, F35s or typhoons could reek havoc on these soviet helicopters. I've played enough Advance Wars on my DS to know that. But I'm not sure what  we can do without US help here mind. I certainly think we have let the Ukraine down, and whilst I understand the reason, I can't stop feeling our nations should be ashamed. 

Edit: for @Meenzer's benefit. 

:lol: Thanks. How's the weather in the Argentine at this time of year?