2017 GE 1

Kevin Carr's Gloves

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Corbyn ....... hmmmm

Did well despite the barrage of questions hurled at him by people who want to vaporise the planet. 

Meanwhile May lectured an NHS Nurse about magic money trees. 

21 minutes ago, Bizza said:

Did well despite the barrage of questions hurled at him by people who want to vaporise the planet. 

Meanwhile May lectured an NHS Nurse about magic money trees. 

Hes been pretty good this campaign but came over very poor tonight, definitely didn't look PM material. Worst bit was when Dimbleby asked him if he wanted to comment and shook his head.

definitley a much better format than 7 wannabes shouting at each other.

Corbyn is at his best when he talks about his investment strategy. Wasn't rattled at all there.

i just wish he would play the fucking game. He could have put the nuke/ira/antisemitism questions to bed if he wasn't so stubborn. 

45 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

This country is tragic, mind. Middle aged dickheads desperately clinging onto strands of individualistic, patriotic bullshit in a vain attempt to take out their anger over their wasted lives. The world will leave us behind and rightfully so.

I'll have you know we won two world wars AND one world cup, so that makes us officially the best.

10 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Sounds like a return to form then for the great British public. Oh well.

Maybe it's best to leave the Tories holding the can for Brexit anyway.

I wouldn't get too disconsolate over one audience but Corbyn was/is always fighting a losing battle with middle-England.

I suspect you're right about Brexit though.  It wouldn't matter how good a job Labour did in mitigating Brexit, they would be blamed for anything less than golden palaces and champagne fountains.

1 minute ago, adios said:

I wouldn't get too disconsolate over one audience but Corbyn was/is always fighting a losing battle with middle-England.

I suspect you're right about Brexit though.  It wouldn't matter how good a job Labour did in mitigating Brexit, they would be blamed for anything less than golden palaces and champagne fountains.

That's the real problem here. Arguably this has come to soon for Labour. Another 3 years would have given the Tories enough rope to hang themselves.

That said, I suppose we'll still get to see that. Just need to dig deep for 5 years and stay the course.

Half tempted to go into politics myself ;)

38 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Sounds like a return to form then for the great British public. Oh well.

Maybe it's best to leave the Tories holding the can for Brexit anyway.

That's absolutely the saving grace. It'll be a grim enough time for normal people one way or the other, but at least those most responsible for the fact we're leaving the EU will have to deal with the small matter of actually doing so.

Christ, though, what a fucking mess.

Meanwhile:

:cantlook:

I watched Ian Lavery speak last year at Sherburn (can't remember which) in Durham and he was class. They'd just unveiled a gala banner and every speaker before him had a microphone, he didn't bother with the microphone. It was like listening to a (more) northern Brian Blessed :lol: 

7 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Corbyn is at his best when he talks about his investment strategy. Wasn't rattled at all there.

i just wish he would play the fucking game. He could have put the nuke/ira/antisemitism questions to bed if he wasn't so stubborn. 

They literally wanted to hear him condone the mass genocide of millions with a nuclear device though, it was total bloodlust borne from God knows what. They didn't care who, they just wanted to hear that the UK would take first action because...they wish it was 1944?

I'd imagine the viewing figures last night were way under the previous debate. Not sure it's going to have much of an impact on the voting numbers

May had the audience in tears about NHS cuts and Corbyn had them apoplectic cos he wouldn't nuke the planet 

1-1

I find it utterly baffling that Jeremy Corbyn is a man that has campaigned for peace all of his life, he has identified the only way for peace to happen is to establish some sort of dialogue between factions. Nobody wants war, nobody wants conflict, nobody wants bloodshed. Yet Corbyn is a bad man, Corbyn is a criminal, Corbyn is the terrorist. All of his comments in the past have been misconstrued and twisted to subsidise political cause. It's absolutely sickening to be honest, but sums humanity up sadly.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

39 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

I find it utterly baffling that Jeremy Corbyn is a man that has campaigned for peace all of his life, he has identified the only way for peace to happen is to establish some sort of dialogue between factions. Nobody wants war, nobody wants conflict, nobody wants bloodshed. Yet Corbyn is a bad man, Corbyn is a criminal, Corbyn is the terrorist. All of his comments in the past have been misconstrued and twisted to subsidise political cause. It's absolutely sickening to be honest, but sums humanity up sadly.

The same people calling him a terrorist lambast him for daring to not want to nuke anyone. Fake outrage

The question was about Iran wasn't it?  They don't have nukes.

The concern is that Corbyn will not launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike on a non nuclear state!

Right wingers man. Lunatics.

39 minutes ago, Happy Face said:

The question was about Iran wasn't it?  They don't have nukes.

The concern is that Corbyn will not launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike on a non nuclear state!

Right wingers man. Lunatics.

Would be funny if he got in ans started selectively tactically nuking towns in Surrey for a laugh with a big "that'll teach them" shit-eating grin for the cameras.

58 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'm amazed some people our there are actually worried about getting nuked. 

Tbf as I've said many times, that's because you missed the cold war and don't seem to understand the mechanics of MAD. Nuclear weapons aren't supposed to be used, but they are an incredibly powerful deterrent. For the deterrent to work though, you have to be seen to be willing to use them, even if you're not.

I'd say nuclear warfare is still the number one risk to civilisation. The box has been opened though so we need to manage it. It's a very important issue imo. Does that make me an idiot?