The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

Would you rather we bought an unproven striker who cost Ā£20m though? I get what you're saying but January is a shit time to buy as it is (I appreciate it's problematic we didn't spend more in the summer) so you're essentially either paying over the odds or signing players clubs want rid of. In light of that getting players in on loan isn't a bad thing

Ā 

This for me. Actually not a bad outcome all told.

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think he's arguably useful off the bench anyway, given his workrate and so on. Having him start the majority of your games in the PL is when it's an issue because he just isn't up to that.

I thought that at the start of the season he was at the very least a work horse who would provide a target but heā€™s been a waste of a shirt lately. Runs in slow motion and doesnā€™t even look like he puts a shift in anymore.Ā Thatā€™s before we get to his finishing, which is shit.Ā 

Gayle is a limited penalty area poacher type player who gives you little with his back to goal but Iā€™d start him ahead of that donkey any day.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

FypĀ 

Ā 

He's not though, Gayles been absolute toss this season, Joselu isn't good by any stretch but he has scored more.

Tbh i hope it's enough Rafa's not been backed properly again by Ashley. I'm sure that Rafa had other ideas than 3 loanies, instead he's had to resort to virtually begging Ashley to get some more players in. As Rafa says "the fans are clever they know whats going on"

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Joselu is fucking shit man. Gayleā€™s finishingĀ has been poor but heā€™s a much better player.

Ā 

I know he is, and hes scored more than Gayle has.

Ā 

Gayle was good last season for sure, in a team that was better than anyone else we played but his best premier league return has been 7 goals, hes not good at this level.

1 minute ago, trooper said:

Tbh i hope it's enough Rafa's not been backed properly again by Ashley. I'm sure that Rafa had other ideas than 3 loanies, instead he's had to resort to virtually begging Ashley to get some more players in. As Rafa says "the fans are clever they know whats going on"

Silimani hasĀ probably the best reputation of all the strikers we were linked with tbf alongside Sturridge, who has been permanently crocked for the past few years. Leicester spent 30m on him - whoĀ cares if itā€™s a loan if he does the business for us?

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I thought that at the start of the season he was at the very least a work horse who would provide a target but heā€™s been a waste of a shirt lately. Runs in slow motion and doesnā€™t even look like he puts a shift in anymore.Ā Thatā€™s before we get to his finishing, which is shit.Ā 

Gayle is a limited penalty area poacher type player who gives you little with his back to goal but Iā€™d start him ahead of that donkey any day.

Gayle's finishing has been asbolutely shite too lately so that's not exactly great given we both seem to agree there's not a great deal else to his game. Fwiw I think both he and Joselu are really low on confidence and both will benefit from Slimani coming in to ease the pressure a bit

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Joselu is fucking shit man. Gayleā€™s finishingĀ has been poor but heā€™s a much better player.

He's not much better imo. Both limited players that offer different things. Both Championship level if I'm being honest.

7 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

How many games willĀ Slimani miss? Seems fucking stupid signing a player that can't make an immediate impact.

Ā 

Obviously tonight's match and Palace. Maybe miss the Man U match. And then he also can't play against Leicester. So it could be a maximum of ten appearances for him.

18 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Ā 

I know he is, and hes scored more than Gayle has.

Ā 

Gayle was good last season for sure, in a team that was better than anyone else we played but his best premier league return has been 7 goals, hes not good at this level.

With Gayle, I think thereā€™s a still player in there. He has some redeeming features like pace and movement and the ability to get in behind.Ā 

Iā€™m struggling to see what the point of Joselu is if he canā€™t even do the donkey work, give us a target and make the ball stick when it comes his way. He was beyond awful the last game I saw him play in. Running in treacle for the duration.Ā 

I think we really do need a new keeper.Ā  Neither of the ones we have are good enough.Ā  However, I'm not even sure this guy will play much.Ā  It seems the loan may have been as much so that we could loan out Woodman as anything else.Ā Ā 

Ā 

With regards to Slimani, Luke Edwards reckons he was told that he was one of Rafa's first choices before the window but he didn't think we'd be able to get him.Ā  We've done well if that's the case then.Ā  Shame it's so late and he's injured.