The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

4 hours ago, Noelie said:

In all probability Mitrovic would have scored that penalty. I've said more than once I don't think Rafa gave Mitro a fair chance to prove himself.

I reckon Shearer would've scored it. Pele too, if I'm being honest. Rafa's fault.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ewerk said:

DU8NvT1X4AAbbxZ.jpg

So our outlay is the lowest in the division. Remember Swansea got £50m for Sigurdsson and Southampton £75m for VVD. That means it's only really Burnley who've been as unambitious as us, and that's because they're Burnley and can't afford to take risks.

Brighton have spent £20m more than us, and £57m more net. Let that sink in.

16 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Left? Who were our big earners?

Still quite a lot of shit to shift if/when the takeover is concluded tbf

Colback and Mitrovic were 2 of the highest earners. Aarons, Saivet, Woodman and Sterry off the wages too

45 minutes ago, rogerbarton said:

So our outlay is the lowest in the division. Remember Swansea got £50m for Sigurdsson and Southampton £75m for VVD. That means it's only really Burnley who've been as unambitious as us, and that's because they're Burnley and can't afford to take risks.

Brighton have spent £20m more than us, and £57m more net. Let that sink in.

Ashley's played a blinder man the press were tellingbus the club would be breaking their  transfer record with a £20 million striker. Instead Rafa was on the phone on tuesday morning to Ashley virtually begging him fir players. Rafa shafted for another window pathetic

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Does feel like we've got players in for positions we needed though. Could have been worse.

I do apart from the number 10 spot.

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Does feel like we've got players in for positions we needed though. Could have been worse.

I suppose it does but is it enough? I suppose we'll soon know when they're all playing in the team. I can't help feeling Rafa's been done over again.

1 minute ago, trooper said:

I suppose it does but is it enough? I suppose we'll soon know when they're all playing in the team. I can't help feeling Rafa's been done over again.

Now theres a shock.

The problem is how late it's been in coming.  If we'd had a striker in before the Swansea game we could very well have had four more points and sitting in tenth or eleventh needing about three more wins to stay up.  As it is now we're one point above the bottom three and about three home games and three away games where it looks like we have a realistic posibility of picking up the fifteen or so points we need for safety.   We may have covered most of the problem areas we needed to but we've very possibly done it too late.

• Like 1

Mike Ashley completed his winter heist of Newcastle United’s transfer funds last night, bringing in just three loan signings after a buy-out saga dominated most of the transfer window.

The club’s infamous owner was under a lot of pressure to spend big in this window with Newcastle lying perilously above the relegation zone.

Premier League clubs spent a record £150 million on deadline day yesterday, bringing their overall outlay for the month to £430 million.

But Ashley managed to dodge reinvesting the sizeable TV and gate money generated by the club in a well-orchestrated heist.

Back in November we reported that he had no intention to sell the club when speculation first rose about a potential buy-out to Amanda Staveley.

His intentions were actually to create enough turmoil to avoid putting his hands in his pockets and fund Rafa Benitez’s ambitious plans.

And it worked.

Newcastle shipped out Jack Colback, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Jamie Sterry, Henri Saivet and Freddie Woodman out on loan and brought in Kenedy, Martin Dubravka and Islam Slimani on loan deals in return.

Alan Shearer tweeted

So over 11 seasons @NUFC net spend has been £4.5m a season. Throw in the TV money and ever present gate money....
One hour left to spend some and give them a chance! Well done to the fans tonight for showing their love for the club. Shame others don't share it. #NUFC

As The Chronicle’s Mark Douglas wrote, it is a sign of the “biggest deriliction of duty on Ashley’s watch”, and although the fans have reacted resolutely, surely enough is enough for the embattled Magpies?

I bet he can't believe his luck a manager like Rafa fell into his lap. If he'd gotten the manager he deserved after McClaren then we'd probably be a mid-table Championship side at best

36 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Apparently Slimani and Kenedy have both cited "Goal" as an influence in choosing us for their moves :lol:

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

think there was a cringeworthy scene with shearer too

I hope Slimani or Kenedy are as fast as Santiago was, he ran from the Tyne bridge to Tynemouth  in less than 30 seconds 

Ashley thinks he's pulled a fast one getting these loan players in (actually he's devalued the squad again). But in the long run it will cost him more money. In the summer when they go back to their respective clubs and he has to buy to replace them.

His lack of spending in January does make more sense if he's planning on getting out.  Or he's just a thick obnoxious cunt, not that they're mutually exclusive.

So admittedly I know little about Slimani except that he's about 6'1'/ 6'2' and played in Portugal prior to signing with Lester a few years ago for over $20 mil.  Is he athletic and posses a bit of speed or is he more like Joselu athletically?

11 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

So admittedly I know little about Slimani except that he's about 6'1'/ 6'2' and played in Portugal prior to signing with Lester a few years ago for over $20 mil.  Is he athletic and posses a bit of speed or is he more like Joselu athletically?

Not quick, target man style player, much more physical than Joselu and should suit us pretty well in that the team won't have to adapt too much, hes a better version of a Joselu style player