The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, trooper said:

No wonder the players are pissed off apparently they'vs been told bonuses won't kick in unless there's a top 6 finish they all know it's unattainable :(

I’m not sympathetic about overpaid footballers

It's not really about the money they're on, it's about treating them with the same respect that they'd get in any other top-flight club in the fucking world and the shower of clowns running the shop.

1 minute ago, adios said:

It's not really about the money they're on, it's about treating them with the same respect that they'd get in any other top-flight club in the fucking world and the shower of clowns running the shop.

I’m not expecting respect for employees from Mike Ashley. It’s almost like he’s a cunt who’s ruined our football club

3 hours ago, trooper said:

No wonder the players are pissed off apparently they'vs been told bonuses won't kick in unless there's a top 6 finish they all know it's unattainable :(

So the greedy bastards are unhappy,are they? Greedy fuckin bastards !! Just get on with your fuckin jobs.Twats they are if that is correct.

5 hours ago, Alex said:

Someone was saying we’ll lose 4-nowt to Spurs. I can’t remember who it was 

You heard it here first! 

Edited by Howmanheyman
Pissed and have udders for hands, sausages for fingers and shit for brains.
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Howay said:

The rumour I’ve seen is we’re after some 19 year old striker from Lyon, the article kept referring to him as a “sensation” after his impressive return of 3 goals from 22 games. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/997928/Newcastle-transfer-news-Myziane-Maolida-Toon-Lyon/amp

'Starlet' was one of Alan Oliver's favourites iirc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

"Hotly-tipped"

Speaking of which, Adam Armstrong is off to Blackburn for £1.75 million. Seems a bit cheap for a current England U-21, a set-up which is very highly rated, but that's us in a nutshell

Another few quid in the "Wor Chest" for Rafa not to spend 

NUFC Forwards

Mitrovic

Adam Armstrong

Ayoze Perez

Callum Roberts

Dwight Gayle

Ivan Toney

Jacob Murphy

Joselu

Yoshinori Muto

We can't bring in more we've got too many! :(

Edited by LooneyToony

On 8/2/2018 at 19:41, Kitman said:

I’m not sympathetic about overpaid footballers

Overpaid? I really don't understand this line of thinking.

These players are amongst the best, what, 1,000 or so at what they do. Were they among the best 1,000 or so actors, singers, lawyers, doctors, "celebrities" or titans of business, they'd be earning similar , if not more. Their careers are shorter and can, with one bad landing, be over in an instant. They're paid the market rate.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Fish said:

Overpaid? I really don't understand this line of thinking.

These players are amongst the best, what, 1,000 or so at what they do. Were they among the best 1,000 or so actors, singers, lawyers, doctors, "celebrities" or titans of business, they'd be earning similar , if not more. Their careers are shorter and can, with one bad landing, be over in an instant. They're paid the market rate.

He's talking about the bigger picture surely, which is that money has ruined the game and the wages these mercenaries are paid is nothing short of fucking disgraceful. So far removed from reality it's scary.

48 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

He's talking about the bigger picture surely, which is that money has ruined the game and the wages these mercenaries are paid is nothing short of fucking disgraceful. So far removed from reality it's scary.

Has it actually ruined the game though? And is it not in line with the money paid to loads of other sportsmen and women? Top basketball stars, Baseball stars, American Footballers, Tennis pros, Golfers, F1 drivers, and so on?

Frankly I couldn't give a shit what Matt Ritchie is paid, it's not my money.  Who cares as long as he's doing his best to earn it. Could be £10k a week, it could be £100k. Conversely, Nile Ranger could be paid £20 a week and I'd say it was too much. 

It's not the gate money that pays for the wages, so why should fans give a shit?

1 minute ago, adios said:

Are you Mike Ashley?

Nah, I just think Nile Ranger should have been sorted out with a coat hanger or a push down the stairs 28 years ago