Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

Is there greater change in the teams making up the Premier League?

In the past few years we've seen a number of settled Premier League sides replaced by the likes of Bournemouth and Huddersfield. 

Stoke, Sunderland, Swansea, Villa, West Brom have all gone. Southampton, Watford and West Ham were in in very real danger of the drop too.

Has the Premier League really split into the group chasing trophies and titles, and the other 14 in genuine danger of relegation?

13 hours ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

You have to be some kind sick fuck to drag Damilola Taylor’s dad into it. Damilola Taylor wasn’t shot either.

Yeah but he's a black man saying it, that means the Sun can't be racist.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I see Tony Xia has announced Villa are fucked by FFP :lol:

I'd take Grealish

Grealish is a useless prick who believed his own hype from an early age. Doesn't appear to fit the Rafa mould. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Noelie said:

If the proposed winter break is geared to winter weather, I would suggest that,  if that's what they intend,  they look at the past records of when, where,  and how many games were postponed because of bad weather. English weather is unpredictable and the worst could be in December, January, February, even March, so when should the winter break be?

It's not. How many top flight matches get lost to bad weather each season? Virtually none.

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Zidane gone.

Must be a hell of a stressful job like. And he hasn't exactly got a lot left to prove

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Must be a hell of a stressful job like. And he hasn't exactly got a lot left to prove

Aye, I’ve read their club president Perez (who seems like a right prick btw) is always trying to make the transfers he wants rather than trying to keep who Zidane wants (apparently it’s Bale, Benzema, and Isco being the main ones).

I know him and Zidane didn’t see eye to eye during Perez’s last tenure, particularly when he got rid of Makalele so he could over pay for more ‘galacticos’ iirc Zidane basically said it’s like putting more gold paint on a car after you’ve sold the engine. 

I think having to try and deal with an arsehole like that, while putting up with Madrid’s fans who call for your head anytime you’re down in a game regardless of what you won for them would do your head in. Like you say he’s got nothing left to prove there and it can only really go sour from here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

Zidane gone.

Only the three consecutive champions league titles, not good enough for that bonkers club 

Edited by Dr Gloom

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Only the three consecutive champions league titles, not good enough for that bonkers club 

He resigned like

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ewerk said:

Zidane gone.

Apparently he tried to walk at the end of last season too but after speaking to senior players he changed his mind....

Ramos:  "please don't leave Boss, I think we could win the champions league again next season! How about it? Me, you Ronnie and the sheep shagger, go on...." 

Zidane:  "aah go on then Sergio, you've twisted my arm....."

I should point out that when Bob Mills cracked that joke on talkshite at lunchtime today I nearly crashed the van :lol:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 1

Leaving on a high note, why not - the club punched above their weight this year and it’s only downhill for next. Why not leave on a high note?