Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Stevie reckoned it was a sign of arrogance that Americans put the name of the state after the town / city. He would not have it when I pointed out that it was because you often had somewhere with the same name but in a different state :lol: 

Fine until they start with London, England and Paris, France 🙂 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Newcastle doesn't need a county put after it, you just add 'Upon Tyne' to let people know which Newcastle it is. (If they don't know what or where the Tyne is then their ignorance is on them). :cuppa:

31 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Aye, and how the fuck did the other Newcastle get under Lyme? Did some bastard bury it?

You might find all this is to do with trains, coal and pottery :cuppa:

Newcastle-under-Lyme takes its name from the new castle erected about 1145 by Ranulf de Gernons, 4th earl of Chester, in the proximity of the Lyme Forest.

True story bro.

No trains no pits no kilns.

8 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Newcastle-under-Lyme takes its name from the new castle erected about 1145 by Ranulf de Gernons, 4th earl of Chester, in the proximity of the Lyme Forest.

True story bro.

No trains no pits no kilns.

no matter the reasoning, it still doesn't distract from it being uncomfortably close to stoke.

11 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

no matter the reasoning, it still doesn't distract from it being uncomfortably close to stoke.

Pretty much part of stoke really, a mile or so off the town centre.

I remember the delightful welcome when I went down there with Blyth many moons ago

Edited by Dougle
of off bollocks

The bill to create an independent football regulator is to be presented to parliament in the coming year, according to the King's Speech.

Unclear to me what this means for us, but if it stops the big 6 setting the rules for the rest of the PL, that would be nice. I would assume, given how favourable the UK gov is to Saudi, it's not going to hurt us.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The bill to create an independent football regulator is to be presented to parliament in the coming year, according to the King's Speech.

Unclear to me what this means for us, but if it stops the big 6 setting the rules for the rest of the PL, that would be nice. I would assume, given how favourable the UK gov is to Saudi, it's not going to hurt us.

image.png.4badb6011f1cff2d335e89202c5ecf8e.png

"And they'll loan Neves from one of your teams and the proles will go crazy."

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Blokes lost it

Look, now isn't the time for experimenting when you've got vitally important qualifiers against *checks notes* Malta and North Macedonia.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Spurs are about to look really average now then. He was vital to the way their manager wants to play

I think he’ll be back after the international break. I haven’t seen any articles to suggest it’s long term.

I’m keeping a keen eye on it as he is in my fantasy team.  😂