Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

The first one especially. If someone wrote that taking the piss out of Liverpool fans’ reactions you would think it was way ott. As much as I love football and would be delighted if we were a success etc I would never want to be the person who takes it that seriously. Let alone encouraging my kids to be like that. What a sad fucking cunt. 

Probably lives in Milton Keynes or somewhere like that as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Probably lives in Milton Keynes or somewhere like that as well. 

That’s exactly what I thought after I’d posted that. 
Edit: and is absolutely fucking unbearable when they’re doing well 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Alex said:

The first one especially. If someone wrote that taking the piss out of Liverpool fans’ reactions you would think it was way ott. As much as I love football and would be delighted if we were a success etc I would never want to be the person who takes it that seriously. Let alone encouraging my kids to be like that. What a sad fucking cunt. 

I did have to check to make sure it wasn’t a parody. :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I did have to check to make sure it wasn’t a parody. :lol: 

Its NOT?!

Dear lord that thread is amazing, they are so dramatic. :lol:

Theres one liverpool fan in my group chat with lads from back home and hes absolutely beside himself, and getting less than no sympathy while he's at it.

• Haha 4

I dunno, he's accomplished what seemed impossible for Liverpool under FSG if you ask me. I thought he was getting found out just after he fell out with his sidekick Buvac, but then he kept winning big trohpys and reaching finals. After a while I had to just accept he wasn't just milking the Buvac playbook anymore. 

Some of the football they played when he arrived was batshit mental and incredibly entertaining. A lot like Postecoglu at Celtic. Mad shit like signing Steven Caulker and playing him as a Striker. Just tearing up the rulebook, but that was all Buvac in my eyes.

I'm convinced Klopp was just as surprised as everyone else that theyre top of the league right now after last season and is wisely getting out while his reputation is still mostly intact. 

Fair play to him. He's kept Pep on his toes for the best part of a decade and humiliated Man U a good few times. For that alone he gets a bye from me.

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Has he been healed over there or is too hot to wear bandages?

Na the extra hundred grand a week he's getting mean he can justify buying a set of oven gloves now.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

@LongTimeAdmirer

It was a friendly and he was having some fun, you have to admire the bravery, the will to entertain the people of the world, the cajones that you dont have and will never have ya chinese mouse. 

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer

6 hours ago, Gemmill said:

@LongTimeAdmirer

1 hour ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

It was a friendly and he was having some fun, you have to admire the bravery, the will to entertain the people of the world, the cajones that you dont have and will never have ya chinese mouse. 

• Haha 2
  • Jaysus... 1

11 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I use a browser for twitter cos the app is shite. And I go to twitter.com rather than x. 

Then, instead of using the share button, I just copy the url for the tweet. You have to click into the tweet, you can't just share from your timeline, but that's how I do it. 

Whereas this old man manages to copy the link in the app and paste it here without any issues. 🙂 

• Haha 1

I am going to separate Klopp the coach from Klopp the person.

In short, I have not liked how Klopp has evolved in recent years. I have seen him belittle other rivals and complain more than normal (something that I don't think happened in his first years at Liverpool or Dortmund).

Now, on the pitch... We must recognize that he is one of the best coaches of the last 15 years. Always being on top. His Dortmund played like the Angels and he came to Liverpool to overcome a great mental obstacle of 30 years without winning the Premier League.

It is true that he has been there for 9 years and has only achieved one League (and 2 runners-up), but he has practically always been fighting for it. He has put Liverpool back in the Big Four in a row and leaves with 6 Cup titles, a Europa League final and the icing on the cake of the Champions League.

And all this with squads in which he had a good XI, but he barely had good players on the bench to maintain the level. And every two years fighting for two months without his two best players (Salah and Mané) for the Africa Cup...

And always considering that he had to fight against Manchester City (and Chelsea) that he had Guardiola and that he had an unlimited amount of money and ability to sign players like Grealish to be substitutes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

I am going to separate Klopp the coach from Klopp the person.

In short, I have not liked how Klopp has evolved in recent years. I have seen him belittle other rivals and complain more than normal (something that I don't think happened in his first years at Liverpool or Dortmund).

Now, on the pitch... We must recognize that he is one of the best coaches of the last 15 years. Always being on top. His Dortmund played like the Angels and he came to Liverpool to overcome a great mental obstacle of 30 years without winning the Premier League.

It is true that he has been there for 9 years and has only achieved one League (and 2 runners-up), but he has practically always been fighting for it. He has put Liverpool back in the Big Four in a row and leaves with 6 Cup titles, a Europa League final and the icing on the cake of the Champions League.

And all this with squads in which he had a good XI, but he barely had good players on the bench to maintain the level. And every two years fighting for two months without his two best players (Salah and Mané) for the Africa Cup...

And always considering that he had to fight against Manchester City (and Chelsea) that he had Guardiola and that he had an unlimited amount of money and ability to sign players like Grealish to be substitutes.

aye....

but he's a cunt.

• Haha 4

He inherited a squad with Coutinho, Henderson, Milner, Firminho, Sturridge, Can, Lallana, Toure, Skrtel etc and then spent another £800mil

Not saying he hasn't done well, but minor comps aside he's won 1 FA cup, 1 league cup, 1 PL and 1 CL in 8 seasons. Pep won 75% of those last season.

Klopp is well behind Fergie, Pep, Mourinho and Wenger in the list for me 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 2

No one journo has said "aye but he was a bit of a cunt a lot of the time wasn't he?" 

No matter how much he embarrasses them. 

Maybe we have to wait til he's gone for them to grow a pair. 

• Like 4

It's fucking nailed on for them to get to the FA cup final for his last domestic game and an unbearable wankfest will ensue. Be typical if we got there too, no way the powers will countenance anything but a Klopp swansong victory.

I fucking hate those Scouse cunts more than any other team.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Toonpack said:

It's fucking nailed on for them to get to the FA cup final for his last domestic game and an unbearable wankfest will ensue. Be typical if we got there too, no way the powers will countenance anything but a Klopp swansong victory.

I fucking hate those Scouse cunts more than any other team.

Nailed on they get Maidstone after the FA told Ten Nonce he's been overruled.

• Like 1