Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

8 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Just finished the series. 

Arteta comes across as a decent bloke albeit a bit of dweeb. 

I just watched it. I will call him Artita from now on. He looks like a right tit with all the staged shouting at players.

I haven’t seen anz other episodes but based on this one and the comedy factor of Laughing till I die, I do never want us to make money out of looking stupid on camera. It is ridiculous.

Was Arteta trying to do a step dance before he left the dressing room or was he secretly watching Billy Elliot on the blanket they had to use in the away dressing room at SJP

4 hours ago, Tom said:

I love how much of a shithole the away dressing room is like :lol:

In all 8 episodes, that was the most drab, shit looking dressing room they got filmed in. No point giving the opposition nice surroundings etc, but fucking hell hoy some paint on the breezeblocks at least ffs. 

8 hours ago, Tom said:

I love how much of a shithole the away dressing room is like :lol:

Were you aware it used to be the home dressing room? Only changed when the PL deemed the referee's changing room had to be slightly more substantial than the 'Harry Potter cupboard' we had. Referees moved to the away dressing room, the opposition to the home dressing room and we were built a brand new dressing room further down the corridor.

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

Were you aware it used to be the home dressing room? Only changed when the PL deemed the referee's changing room had to be slightly more substantial than the 'Harry Potter cupboard' we had. Referees moved to the away dressing room, the opposition to the home dressing room and we were built a brand new dressing room further down the corridor.

"NUFC Pictures - from days of old."   :boss:

Everyone rattling on about "how is this fair in terms of FFP?" etc. - to those in the know, is there any caveats in terms of FFP for newly promoted clubs? 

Where I'm coming from is these clubs probably do need to invest to give themselves a fighting chance of staying where they are. Admittedly Forest have gone 'all in on a 2 & 6'  :lol:

I was listening to a podcast recently that reckoned Forest's contribution from the EFL last season would have been about £6m. That's scandalous when you think what the parachuted clubs get. 

I hope they stop up and I hope Leeds stop up again. Fuck Everton and Southampton off back to the Championship. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Fuck Everton and Southampton off back to the Championship. 

Tell you what, 'Funtime Frankie' is a right fucking mess isn't he, and arguable much worse off than he was at the back end of last season. He won't be able to claim it's anything to do with the squad he inherited either given he'll have been through 2 transfer windows. 

They've signed Tarkowski, Vinagre, McNeil, Coady & Onana.  Outgoing it's been Kenny, Richarlison, Tosun (thank fuck we never got him!), Delph & Sigurdsson.

Injury-wise Townsend, Godfrey, Mina, Calvert-Lewin & Doucoure all have decent spells out. 

They might be building themselves a shiny new stadium, but it's going to offer them fuck all when they kick off there in the Championship.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Craig said:

Tell you what, 'Funtime Frankie' is a right fucking mess isn't he, and arguable much worse off than he was at the back end of last season. He won't be able to claim it's anything to do with the squad he inherited either given he'll have been through 2 transfer windows. 

They've signed Tarkowski, Vinagre, McNeil, Coady & Onana.  Outgoing it's been Kenny, Richarlison, Tosun (thank fuck we never got him!), Delph & Sigurdsson.

Injury-wise Townsend, Godfrey, Mina, Calvert-Lewin & Doucoure all have decent spells out. 

They might be building themselves a shiny new stadium, but it's going to offer them fuck all when they kick off there in the Championship.

This Onana is supposed to be quality but who knows if he’ll adapt? If Lampard can bite the bullet and revert from the hilarious all out attack he went for at Chelsea and build a half-decent team built around organisation and, dare I say it, shithousing, it actually reflects well on him as a manager if they stay up. Gordon would be a big loss though. Not because I think he’s great but that kind of tenacity can be hard to replace 

Watched the second half of the first half of Everton and forest. 0-0 at HT and forest the better of the two teams. Everton look shit and I just wish we'd get to play them more often on a Saturday afternoon instead of midweek as every time I've watched them on an afternoon it's either like a library or it's beeeewwww city. No coincidence our last two wins down there have been Saturday afternoon games. 

• Like 3