Jump to content

Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER


Sonatine
 Share

Recommended Posts

Entire Juventus board has resigned. Along with Man U and Liverpool going up for sale are we seeing the eventual effects of the super league not happening? Where these supposedly elite clubs can't afford to keep going the way they have driven the game unless the money split massively favours them over everyone else to an even greater degree than it already does.

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Entire Juventus board has resigned. Along with Man U and Liverpool going up for sale are we seeing the eventual effects of the super league not happening? Where these supposedly elite clubs can't afford to keep going the way they have driven the game unless the money split massively favours them over everyone else to an even greater degree than it already does.

 

 

 

FFP doing a shit job if they can't compete unless, despite rigging everything in their favour, they've still made a pigs ear of their finances? What a set of cunts. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Andrew said:

Entire Juventus board has resigned. Along with Man U and Liverpool going up for sale are we seeing the eventual effects of the super league not happening? Where these supposedly elite clubs can't afford to keep going the way they have driven the game unless the money split massively favours them over everyone else to an even greater degree than it already does.

 

 

Might precipitate a firesale of their saleable assets? Miretti and Soule?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Craig said:

 

Vlahović ?

Would love him, but would he join us when he could get CL football next year with someone like Real Madrid or whomever?

 

Plus he doesn't necessarily align with our recruiting so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Would love him, but would he join us when he could get CL football next year with someone like Real Madrid or whomever?

 

Plus he doesn't necessarily align with our recruiting so far.

 

There's also the slight possibility we may offer him CL football next season too :wink2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've a good mate that's Basque, and work with Basque guys - their language is a myth to anyone but themselves.     

 

He speaks Galician to his friend from Galicia, Catalan to his friend from Barcelona, and Basque to anyone that's Basque. All the while living in England, speaking fluent Spanglish. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Rubicon said:

I've a good mate that's Basque, and work with Basque guys - their language is a myth to anyone but themselves.     

 

He speaks Galician to his friend from Galicia, Catalan to his friend from Barcelona, and Basque to anyone that's Basque. All the while living in England, speaking fluent Spanglish. 

 

Warning Red Light GIF by Mashed

  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone remember Wolfie who used to travel up to every Jambo’s match. Drank in the Monkey Bar if my memory serves correct (1980s)

It used to amaze me that I’d get into the pub at eightish or whatever and he’d be there like he’d just loped off the metro from Whitley Bay or some such.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What an absolute cunt. He’s without equal in that regard. We can say we had hard times under him but what Coventry fans have been through in the last decade beggars belief. That club truly belongs to the fans. They haven’t let it die, despite the actions of the various corporate wankers who want the stadium but not the football club 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

What an absolute cunt. He’s without equal in that regard. We can say we had hard times under him but what Coventry fans have been through in the last decade beggars belief. That club truly belongs to the fans. They haven’t let it die, despite the actions of the various corporate wankers who want the stadium but not the football club 

 

Wasps rugby are fecked as well, the corporates just want the stadium/land as you say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

 

Wasps rugby are fecked as well, the corporates just want the stadium/land as you say.


Tbh they can fuck off too. Wtf did they think they were playing at moving 100 miles up the M1? The original entrepreneur that owned Wasps sold them to a pair of shady wankers who said they’d clear debts and continue to finance a professional rugby club. Fuck them, Coventry isn’t their fuckin town, it’s Conventry FC’s town 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:


Tbh they can fuck off too. Wtf did they think they were playing at moving 100 miles up the M1? The original entrepreneur that owned Wasps sold them to a pair of shady wankers who said they’d clear debts and continue to finance a professional rugby club. Fuck them, Coventry isn’t their fuckin town, it’s Conventry FC’s town 

 

Totally agree, just making the point that the football club is the last obstacle in the way.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.