Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Dinnae need the English BASTARD anyroads :cuppa:

The Brazilian lads aren't getting back for Brentford until the last minute. I wouldn't be surprised if it's cos of that, rather than not wanting to spend the rest of his career inventing new ways to tragically miss out on going to major international tournaments.

9 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’d be amazed if he’s the only player at it. It’s rife. He needs to sack whichever doctor is dosing him up 

Doping is rife in all professional sports. The only difference is football has enough money to sweep it under the carpet. Which makes you wonder who the fuck he's pissed off for this to become public. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Doping is rife in all professional sports. The only difference is football has enough money to sweep it under the carpet. Which makes you wonder who the fuck he's pissed off for this to become public. 

He’s barely played since he signed a four year deal for Juventus last summer. He’ll be on a fortune as he was out of contract iirc. Purely coincidental ;) 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's not like certain clubs in Italy to be a bit corrompere, is it? :lol:

Aye, exactly. And they’re the most corrupt and influential of the lot 

• Like 3

It isn't even just them, our opponents next week* were relegated as well for corruption in the early 80s so will be amusing if their fans put up up some holier than thou banner when they play us as I can't recall anything like that happening to us.

*Not Brentford. :D

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

makes the game more entertaining too, let’s be honest, watching turbocharged athletes go at it a million miles an hour. 

• Haha 4

20200709_121601__01.thumb.jpg.2991bb732d37648b1f5c64363f22c6af.jpg

Mysterious Cabal of Wearside Businessmen

"We need to get serious and get this club back on top. We might have to start some doping to give our players an advantage and get ahead of a certain Tyneside based club. Get on it, marra."

"Will do, boss "

..... later on....

"How did you get on, marra?"

"Our budget is a bit restricted, couldn't get high performance athletic enhancing drugs, got some placca bags and a few tins of glue instead."

"For fuck's sake, we're eternally fucked aren't we? Glue sniffing? How's that going to work?.......... Fuck it, give it a go."20200709_121601__01.thumb.jpg.2991bb732d37648b1f5c64363f22c6af.jpg

• Haha 7

Going back to England, and looking at Southgate stubbornly picking his old favourites who are either not playing or have gone to a retirement league, I’m starting to agree with those that said he should have been moved on after Qatar. He’s always been a cautious manager but he’s becomes ridiculously risk averse. There just isn’t a reasonable case for sticking with Maguire and Henderson when you have Tomori and Foden on the bench.

The problem is: who replaces him? The next English manager in line is probably Howe. After him, maybe Potter. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

Without caring too much about England, his track is good so I see no reason to bin him off.

I can see why he picks Maguire (even though I don't agree with it) as he has been a good servant and hasn't let England down. Same with Pickford.

I struggle with Kalvin Phillips and Henderson getting picked though but then you can't please everyone. Sometimes these players are good for morale or knit a squad together. 

Carry on as is Gareth. Not that I'll be watching until the Euro finals.

Edited by Holden McGroin