Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

28 minutes ago, toonotl said:

I don't know if the we've learned more from the swiftness of Fish's detective work or the stupidity of ewerk "doubting" Fish's knowledge of numbers.

Dressing Up The Wire GIF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

What is everyones expectations though? There we obviously players that played out of their skin last year that most likely won't hit the same heights. Add to that we had very few injuries (compared to a classic NUFC season) and fewer games. 

Id be over the moon with 5th but suspect it will be end up being more 6-9th territory. 

Not sure the social media fanbase would accept that but hoping the match day fans will.

6-9th with a canny cup run and not totally embarrassing ourselves in the CL and I would be happy.  We are still progressing and need to keep our feet on the ground.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, toonotl said:

I don't know if the we've learned more from the swiftness of Fish's detective work or the stupidity of ewerk "doubting" Fish's knowledge of numbers.

And The Fish should know better than to think an article from the Shields Gazette would be enough to get me to part my lips.

Looks like that anal bleaching he booked this morning has been for nothing.

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

What is everyones expectations though? There we obviously players that played out of their skin last year that most likely won't hit the same heights. Add to that we had very few injuries (compared to a classic NUFC season) and fewer games. 

Id be over the moon with 5th but suspect it will be end up being more 6-9th territory. 

Not sure the social media fanbase would accept that but hoping the match day fans will.

My expectations are around the same as yours; 7th would, for me, be about right for this squad in this season. 

The match going fans know way more than the dickheads on twitter.

But not more than me. Or Diego.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

And The Fish should know better than to think an article from the Shields Gazette would be enough to get me to part my lips.

wrestling humiliation GIF

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

They link to the Mirror, if that's any better. 

I mean short of posting his payslip I'm not sure what evidence I can provide.

Come on man, I really need this Ewerk. 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

My expectations are around the same as yours; 7th would, for me, be about right for this squad in this season. 

The match going fans know way more than the dickheads on twitter.

But not more than me. Or Diego.

Said through gritted teeth 🙂 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Confused Excuse Me GIF by GIPHY News

• Haha 5

33 minutes ago, The Fish said:

They link to the Mirror, if that's any better. 

I mean short of posting his payslip I'm not sure what evidence I can provide.

Come on man, I really need this Ewerk. 

They don’t actually link to the Mirror.

Anyway, the fuck am I spending any more of my beach time discussing Matt Targett’s pay pack or who ran the Birmingham fucking City Council for the last 20 years.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

They don’t actually link to the Mirror.

Anyway, the fuck am I spending any more of my beach time discussing Matt Targett’s pay pack or who ran the Birmingham fucking City Council for the last 20 years.

I'm a fucking trend setter.

39 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Some of them haven't got a fucking clue. 

I know, some of them think that Bruno just needs a bollocking...

• Haha 3

tbf, there was some miserable old cunt sat next to me in the east stand who spent most of the game moaning that liverpool were going to get back into it. i kept telling him we were a man up and bossing it. turns out that i was the one that didn't have a clue. but that's not news to you lot 

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

tbf, there was some miserable old cunt sat next to me in the east stand who spent most of the game moaning that liverpool were going to get back into it. i kept telling him we were a man up and bossing it. turns out that i was the one that didn't have a clue. but that's not news to you lot 

Did you keep showing him pictures of sausages on your phone?

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Before the season started I thought 6th was about right for us and I'd be very happy with that, along with decent efforts at the cups and some memorable CL nights.

Whilst there are some right dickheads on Twitter they aren't worse than some of the voices I'd hear during my season ticket days tbh.