Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

8 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Jenas fucking desperate to peddle his usual shite about “surviving” like that’s admirable or an achievement in any way. The man is the walking embodiment of mediocrity

:lol:

Aye, unfortunately I reflexively hit the stop button when the square headed tit started flapping his gums, so I missed anything our new shortarse-in-chief had to say. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Polarboy said:

You have to say though that he's no Joe Kinnear. 

The last time Newcastle made an appointment like this, Joe Kinnear took to the airways to pre-announce it. Asked to justify a decision that, at best, felt illogical — he had not filled a brief like this before and his only job in football over the previous nine years had been a few traumatic months as, er, Newcastle’s manager — he launched into a career retrospective that did not imply a huge command of detail.

“I bought Dean Holdsworth for 50 grand,” Kinnear said of his time at Wimbledon, although the striker actually cost £650,000. “I sold Robbie Earle for x y z,” he said; the midfielder retired through injury. In his first spell at Newcastle, though, “I brought (Tim) Krul to the club”, which, actually, no, he didn’t. There was more of that, much more, and if nothing else, it set an accurate tone, one that rumbled throughout the club’s foundations.

“Judge me on my signings,” Kinnear said, which proved impossible given that across the two transfer windows that he was “in charge of all football-related matters”, precisely none arrived on a permanent basis. He tried, though — and this is where the apocryphal bit comes in — scouting a game at Birmingham City and allegedly expressing interest in the lively, left-sided performance of Shane Ferguson, a player Newcastle had loaned them. That story was never denied.

Anyway, you get the picture and even if only a fraction of the reports were accurate, there was no denying the wave of uncertainty that engulfed the club. From the off, Kinnear had denied he was there to replace Alan Pardew (“what a load of crap,” he said), yet the year before he had admitted he would “consider something like a director of football post. But I would do that for just one reason and that is to get myself back into full-time management”.

• Haha 1

asir-Al-Rumayyan spotted at the launch of the Aramco sponsored Aston Martin F1 car. Rumours abound the sponsor will be hitting our shirts for next season too.

May be an image of 5 people and text that says "LIVE 3.5k o 3.5k sky sports Sky Sports F1 Aston Martin reveal their new car for the 2022 season, the AMR22!"

It's the little touches like this that will win the new owners support in spades. My empathetic side says the installation of the Shearer statue on the site of a former public toilet was an unfortunate coincidence. However my cyncical side says it was a deliberate act to disrespect a club legend who dared to question their approach.

Next step for me is get the East Stand renamed 'THE KEEGAN STAND' and rid the leading edge of that god-awful NEWCASTLE UNITED logo up there in the Sports Direct typeface.

image.png.78b8af97d1c91472b2581885db4cb9d8.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Xa9as said:

Bet Levy wishes he could sell it to the Pakistani Cowboy from Fulham.

From what I've seen of Bernabeu's redevelopment, it pisses all over WHL. Pitch slides off in sections and under the stadium to be watered and humidity controlled. Stadium can be used for concerts, tennis, boxing, anything pretty much!

I'm into swinging ATM and started learning Spanish in 2017. You manifest your own reality.