Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Working my way through shameless season 1 - top quality

Wacky, there's a new season starting on 2nd January, C4 at 9pm. Can't wait! <_<

Excellent!!! Thanks Cath. I am going to order series 1,2,and 3 as i missed some episodes. Brilliant series!

Wacky, there's a new season starting on 2nd January, C4 at 9pm. Can't wait! :icon_lol:

Excellent!!! Thanks Cath. I am going to order series 1,2,and 3 as i missed some episodes. Brilliant series!

Cant seem to find it in tonight listings :lol: Found it on next Tues, ch4 at 10pm though.

Wacky, there's a new season starting on 2nd January, C4 at 9pm. Can't wait! :icon_lol:

Cant seem to find it in tonight listings :lol: Found it on next Tues, ch4 at 10pm though.

Catmag's been drinking again, looks like next week it's starting. Shame Veronica and Kev have left

Catmag's been drinking again, looks like next week it's starting. Shame Veronica and Kev have left

Gutted. I ran around like an idiot here at work to get stuff done by 9pm only to find that it wasn't on. Sorry guys. I definitely read somewhere that it started tonight at 9pm but they were spectacularly wrong.

Have they? What happened at the end of the last series again?

That'll be four major characters lost, bit shit.

I think sheila may have gon as well and i heard Lip has been done in real life for having a fair amount of drugs in his posession, don't hold me to it

Longford - Currently available for free on the (channel) Four on Demand service. It's a superb feature length film that was on last year about Lord Longford, his insistence on giving Myra Hindley the benefit of the doubt and Ian Brady's attempts to distance him from her. Jim Broadbent and Andy Serkis are excellent. That Myra was one cold bitch.

Attack The Gas Station - 1999 Korean modern classic about four teenagers who rob a gas station, then bored the next night, do it again. There's no money this time though, so they hang about to serve customers and keep the money. Every customer that pisses them off is held hostage though and there's soon anarchy. It's as much about the kids as Godzilla is about a Lizard though. Very enjoyable.

Subtitled film recommendations...

Pusher Trilogy Danish (as originally recommended by Mr Face) - Three stories surrounded by the underground drugs trade of Copenhagen...

The first of them is on Film4 at 1.10am tonight if anyone else fancies it....

I haven't had many drug problems, either in usage or deals, so I might be in no position to comment, but this trilogy kicked the shit out of Requiem For A Dream in my opinion. It doesn't moralise to the extend that RFAD did, doesn't insist than anybody so much as touching a drug will inevitably end up debasing themselves in the most heinous fashion. Rather, it makes a life of drugs (either using or dealing) look like the least appetising choice anyone could make without any sort of sensationalism, even the gruseome finale to part 3 is dealt with so matter of factly it brought to mind the horrible rape scene in Irreversible that I could hardly bare to watch.

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title...&P36=4HF3LB

Lost In Translation - really enjoyed it tbh. Well acted with good dialogue and it managed to be funny and sad at the same time. Worth a watch.

Seven Samurai. Tbh I didn't like it as much as The Magnificent Seven mainly because I didn't feel the same connection with the characters and the fight scenes were a bit of a let down. Still a good film though.

The Long Goodbye. Elliot Gould playing Sam Spade updated to the 70's. Really good film directed by Robert Altman and worth watching for anyone who likes Film Noir. Sterling Hayden is also fantastic in a role where he wrote most of his own scenes.

The Da Vinci Code. I thought it was a good thriller even though one of the main twists was completely obvious. I haven't read the book so I couldn't tell you how it compares but if you ignore the hype it's certainly a good watch if nothing groundbreaking.

Inside Man. Quality film from Spike Lee with Denzil Washington & Clive Owen as well as a top draw supporting cast. You can buy it for a fiver in Asda at the moment and I would say it's well worth that.

X-Men 3. Another enjoyable popcorn flick. It might not have had the depth of the first two but it's still fun.

I have Porco Rosso and Shaolin Soccer still in their wrapping to be watched.

Shaolin Soccer is even better than Kung Fu Hustle, which shits on Ong Bak.

Kung Fu Hustle >>> Shaolin Soccer imo... Never seen Ong Bak so can't really comment on that. Kung Fu Hustle is fucking hilarious man.

Watched Rocky 6 last night. I'm a big fan of 1-4, but that was absolute dog shit. :lol:

Bastards! I fully expected it to be shit, but was hoping against hope for some sort of worthy sign-off. Is it really crap then?