Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

2 hours ago, Nefilim said:

How did Obama come from nonodby to be President?

Who's more connected - Biden, Ombama, Clintion Foundation, WEF, Rishi Sunak, Bill Gate,

It's not a conspiracy - Alex Jones has been right for 25 years!

Closing Arrested Development GIF

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Alex Jones :lol: :lol: :lol:

2 hours ago, Nefilim said:

Who's more connected - Biden, Ombama, Clintion Foundation, WEF, Rishi Sunak, Bill Gate,

Alex Jones, did you say? 

f165e67d57813a8312645402aef5ea01.jpg

The Simpsons Flirt GIF

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Nefilim said:

At least this "guy" is around to save us from the swamp

image.png.73c7bc1e4d1be0e0423fffc13b1f68a1.png

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Nefilim said:

image.png.b715af042b875ac69038512c838357ce.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 30/12/2023 at 23:44, Tdansmith said:

Only the two episodes of Band Of Brothers left.

It's up there with Breaking Bad as the best ever for me.

Inspired me to rewatch. It's an amazing piece of tv. 

Doesn't paint the Brits in the best light, but whaddyagonnado?

• Like 1

On 11/01/2024 at 12:41, The Fish said:

Inspired me to rewatch. It's an amazing piece of tv. 

Doesn't paint the Brits in the best light, but whaddyagonnado?

Ross off Friends character really interested me as he was such a git, an internet search I found this.. 

The real Sobel not only fought in WWII but also continued serving in the Korean War and even received a Bronze Star. In 1970, Sobel intentionally shot himself in the head. He survived the suicide attempt but was left permanently blind in both eyes. He then spent the last 17 years of his life in a Veteran Affairs retirement home before dying in 1987 of neglect and malnutrition.

Capt. Sobel

• 2 weeks later...

Saltburn on prime is well worth a watch. That dopey lad from The banshees of Inishirin is the protagonist. Some very uncomfortable viewing. I wish I was born a toff. 

39 minutes ago, Renton said:

Saltburn on prime is well worth a watch. That dopey lad from The banshees of Inishirin is the protagonist. Some very uncomfortable viewing. I wish I was born a toff. 

spunky bath scene was very enjoyable. 

I thought it was a bit flat tbh. It’s been done before but I won’t mention the movie as it would be a spoiler.

Edited by Holden McGroin

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/01/2024 at 19:14, Holden McGroin said:

spunky bath scene was very enjoyable. 

I thought it was a bit flat tbh. It’s been done before but I won’t mention the movie as it would be a spoiler.

I think we can all agree that if we wanted to see this, we’d have done it by now- spoilers be damned, name this other movie :lol:

Watched Oppenheimer last night with Mrs. F. 

Absolutely superb movie tbh, Cillian Murphy as Oppenheimer was just fantastic- Emily Blunt was also excellent as his Mrs, Kitty. 

The scene where they finally do the test firing, given that they’re not 100% sure it won’t trigger an uncontrollable reaction which will set the global atmosphere alight, is absolutely gripping, even though you know the outcome. 

It’s a 3hr movie, with no big action scenes, only a smidgen of tiddies, and yet it seemed to fly by. 

By comparison, Killers of the Flower Moon was a similar length -great movie, but felt like it could’ve been done and dusted in half the time. 
If Murphy doesn’t get the Best Actor Oscar for this I’ll be surprised, he’s mesmeric every second he’s on screen. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Got talked into watching Barbie :lol: 

Fuck me :( 

Barbie was quality. What was your problem with it?

• Jaysus... 1

14 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Watched Oppenheimer last night with Mrs. F. 

Absolutely superb movie tbh, Cillian Murphy as Oppenheimer was just fantastic- Emily Blunt was also excellent as his Mrs, Kitty. 

The scene where they finally do the test firing, given that they’re not 100% sure it won’t trigger an uncontrollable reaction which will set the global atmosphere alight, is absolutely gripping, even though you know the outcome. 

It’s a 3hr movie, with no big action scenes, only a smidgen of tiddies, and yet it seemed to fly by. 

By comparison, Killers of the Flower Moon was a similar length -great movie, but felt like it could’ve been done and dusted in half the time. 
If Murphy doesn’t get the Best Actor Oscar for this I’ll be surprised, he’s mesmeric every second he’s on screen. 

aye - i loved it. 

saw it at the everyman cinema in newcastle when i was up last summer - i came straight from the liverpool game, was half cut and deflated, but the three hours flew by. espresso martinis and junk food helped. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

was it?

Yeah. What's the matter? Too woke for you?