Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Dark Knight...

Brilliant. Bale's batman voice really grates on me at the end.

Aye, it's been said before, if he can have a doohickey that allows him to see like sonar, surely he could have a little thing around his throat to disguise his voice...

would save on lozenges too

Don't miss your four free classic war films inside The Telegraph this weekend.

Simply buy The Daily Telegraph on Saturday, November 7, and The Sunday Telegraph on Sunday, November 8, to receive your four free classic war films.

Free inside on Saturday

Ice Cold in Alex, starring John Mills, Sylvia Syms and Anthony Quayle

Recently described as the ‘ultimate British war film’, Ice Cold in Alex is set in the North African desert during WWII. Captain Anson (John Mills), a grumbling alcoholic, is sent on a mission to Alexandria. En route, Anson makes the acquaintance of Sister Diana Murdoch (Sylvia Syms) and a South African officer, Captain van der Poel (Anthony Quayle). But though the officer proves invaluable on their perilous journey through enemy territory, is he all that he seems?

The Long, the Short and the Tall, starring Richard Todd, Laurence Harvey and Richard Harris

A stark and vivid psychological anti-war drama, with an all star cast. In the Far East during WWII, a British patrol unit is pinned down in the Burmese jungle. When a Japanese scout is captured, the men face a dilemma. Sergeant Mitchem (Richard Todd) wants to take the prisoner to headquarters, to the annoyance of Corporal Johnstone (Richard Harris). As tempers flare, Private Bamforth (Laurence Harvey) gradually becomes the conscience of the platoon.

Free inside on Sunday

The Cruel Sea, starring Jack Hawkins

At the start of WWII, Commander Ericson (Jack Hawkins) is assigned to captain the brand new ship, HMS Compass Rose, with inexperienced officers and men. Harassed by U-Boats and appalling weather, the men fight with true British heroism. An Ealing Studios production, this is a stirring and authentic wartime drama, capturing the desperate Battle of the Atlantic.

First of the Few, starring Leslie Howard, David Niven and Roland Culver

This is the immortal story of the Spitfire which helped to win the Battle of Britain. R.J. Mitchell (Leslie Howard) is the inventor of Britain’s fastest and deadliest fighter plane, but first he must convince devil-may-care pilot, Geoffrey Crisp (David Niven) to risk his life on the test flights. However, as Mitchell strives to perfect the fighter plane, he is rocked by the news that he has only one year to live unless he stops working. His stark choice is to save himself or save his country.

Appaloosa

I thought it was very good. But then I thought of other recent westerns and realised it would come low on the list of the best of the noughties....

The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada

No Country for Old Men

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

The Proposition

3:10 to Yuma

Appaloosa

Edited by Happy Face

Appaloosa

I thought it was very good. But then I thought of other recent westerns and realised it would come low on the list of the best of the noughties....

No Country for Old Men

The Proposition

Appaloosa

The Three Burials has to be the best out of that list, brilliant film. I'm looking forward to True Grit mind.

Appaloosa

No Country for Old Men

The Proposition

Appaloosa

The Three Burials has to be the best out of that list, brilliant film. I'm looking forward to True Grit mind.

Aye, they're in order :razz:

Harry Brown

Free advance screening i nipped to in my dinner hour. Not bad. The scriptwriter must have been gutted when Gran Torino came out though. It said everything this does...and is far funnier about it. The only laugh in this comes from the titles nod to Dirty Harry.

Harry Brown

Free advance screening i nipped to in my dinner hour. Not bad. The scriptwriter must have been gutted when Gran Torino came out though. It said everything this does...and is far funnier about it. The only laugh in this comes from the titles nod to Dirty Harry.

Written about Newcastle apparently.

Paranormal Activity

Doesnt really live up to the hype.

Any pretend fear that was starting to build quickly dissappeared when the first email came through on the phone about Ashleys statement.

Watched this last night, thought it was pretty good actually. :lol:

Touring car champ Jason Plato was in rebel withot a cause??!! ;)

Watched the Japanese film Death Note last night on TV. Odd, but was quite a good film. Didn't quite get the last bit with the crisps though. No doubt there is or will be a shit US version.

Somers Town

From the director of Dead Man's Shoes and This Is England, this is a far lighter short story of a runaway midlander making friends in London and getting away from it all. The way people had gone on (about the film being funded by Eurostar and featuring a colourised trip from London to Paris when the rest of the film is black and white) I was expecting horrific product placement on a par with Torque, but you would never guess where the funding came from. It's a funny, well made film. Though it might convince kids having a bad time to run away from home.

Edited by Happy Face