Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

What??? Hesienburg is the man!

a summary of thw twist for those who mighta missed subtle things

Aha, I missed that Gus had worked it out and still didn't get why he walked away from the car. Cheers for that.

edit: he's a twat though, like tony soprano or to a lesser extent Don Draper. That's what makes them 'the man'

Edited by Happy Face

Warhorse

its a horse

if feels a bit like a Lassie film.

it does a bit actually!

it had real promise around the cumberbatch/tom hiddleston bit but then that was over and it just went on to another episode

Shutter Island

As much as they telegraph the basic twist that's coming at the end, the devil is in the detail and they pull it off brilliantly. You can always tell Leo's gonna be 67, but always on the edge of your seat to find out exactly why and how that's the case. Like Fight Club, or Eternal Sunshine, I can't wait to see it again to check that it holds water knowing the full story, I'm sure it will, but it'll be equally enjoyable but for completelydifferent reasons.

Controversial is usually an interesting way of saying 'wrong', as in this case! He's a brilliant director - Trainspotting, Slumdog, 28 Days, and my favourite Sunshine.

Anyway, finally got round to getting Sky Go - on nights, just watched King's Speech on my iphone. I want an ipad now though! Gonna try to watch the cricket in the morning if I can.

the film i most recently watched was the Texas chainsaw massacre the new beginning. gory as hell like especially when he chopped the bloke in half or cut the old mans legs off both of them. lol

Edited by DEADMAN

A couple of Hitchcock films.

Vertigo 7/10

&

Rear Window 7/10

Only 7s? :(

Hmm possibly because I watched one night & one the next and James Stewart is the main guy in both. Certainly worth the watch.

The Change Up --- 7/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1488555/

MV5BMTk3NTM4NDg3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDk3MzEwNQ@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Dave is a married man with two kids and a loving wife , and Mitch is a single man who is at the prime of his sexual life. One fateful night while Mitch and Dave are peeing in a fountain when lightning strikes and they switch bodies.

Cant stress enough how much I enjoyed this. Some really good laugh out loud bits. Even our lass laughed. The fact that its the hangover team means this type of swapped identity film gets the gross treatment. Im sure any one who has had children will particularly enjoy.

Watch out for the twitching anus. :lol:

Shutter Island

As much as they telegraph the basic twist that's coming at the end, the devil is in the detail and they pull it off brilliantly. You can always tell Leo's gonna be 67, but always on the edge of your seat to find out exactly why and how that's the case. Like Fight Club, or Eternal Sunshine, I can't wait to see it again to check that it holds water knowing the full story, I'm sure it will, but it'll be equally enjoyable but for completelydifferent reasons.

Great summing up HF

Cave of Forgotten Dreams

Should have been a more4 doc. I watched in 2d like, so it might be better as intended in 3d, but it's an hour and a half of charcoal drawings in a cave. No matter how old they are, or how scientifically valuable, or how much I love Herzogs narration, it doesn't justify the big screen. Especially because they were so restricted in their movements in the cave and could only shoot handheld with technicians in the frame 90% of the time. Hardly condusive to framing of sweeping cinematic shots. As valid as the comparison might be, that this was the first form of cinema, it doesn't cut the mustard.

How good is Ian McShane in Deadwood btw? I know people who've been put off watching it, cos "fuck that,it's got Lovejoy in it", but Al Swearengen is easily one of the best TV villains of all time.

Lovejoy? This limp-dick cocksucker is putting people off my favourite fucking shows? :D

Got the complete series for my birthday (I'm a massive Timothy Olyphant fan) and it's pure class.

Now Gemmil, seeing as we seem to enjoy the same remarkable taste in television and literature, maybe you should give a banana and soy breakfast smoothie a go... ;)

Controversial is usually an interesting way of saying 'wrong', as in this case! He's a brilliant director - Trainspotting, Slumdog, 28 Days, and my favourite Sunshine.

Good films. Good director. Just don't think he's the demi-god that the grand film poobahs would like us to think he is. He's Baz Luhrman for straight people ;)

Edited by Davey Dave

ARIJON_Gonzalo_2007_Stranded_poster.jpg

Makes Touching the Void and 128 Hours look like a pair of pussies. Survivors talk about the 2 and a half months eating the flesh and bones (for calcium) of their fellow (dead) crash victims, and the escape they had to make themselves when their working radio confirmed no-one was looking for them any more. Incredible stuff. I only vaguely remember seeeing the Ethan Hawke dramatic version when it came out.

Edited by Happy Face